Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Homeschooling

Anyone planning to homeschool? I live in So Cal and am having a hard time finding like a co-op or something for my 3 1/2 yr old for the fall...any ideas?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Homeschooling

• Options
    I would absolutely love to but DH isn't onboard, I'm holding out hope that maybe at some point he'll come around.  I did sending you a PM of a HS forum.
  • Options

imagecmeon_the_water:
    Honestly, the main benefits of preschool- socialization, learning to work in a group, handle minor conflicts, listen and learn from adults that aren't your parents- just aren't things I could replicate at home easily.

ditto

the main goal of preschool is to prepare kids to be in a more communal setting w/ other kids and adults.  The academics give it some quantifiable goals and structure, but its mostly learning how to be part of group, take turns, share, etc. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are going to homeschool.  As of now, our plan is to homeschool through elementary, send to private for high school, and make a decision about middle school when we get there.  Wink  I have a lot of friends who homeschool, along with my MIL who taught DH and BIL through high school, and has two years left before my SIL graduates.  They all do some sort of "school" for preschool.  Most of them recommend doing lots and lots of reading, and very little work sheets and things like that.  We are using a curriculum called Critical Thinking, which has a lot of mazes and problems like that to figure out.  DS loves doing those and is really excited to start school.  We are also doing a Bible curriculum by the Boyers.  It's called Crossroads of Character.  My boys get a lot of socialization through church activities, swim lessons (for my 3 year old), and soccer.  We also live in a community with lots of kids.  We have met some great families just by playing outside.

Married to J since 5/05, Mommy to T (10/08), L (08/10) and C (02/13) who was born at home.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"