Stay at Home Moms

What kind of jobs do you do while you SAH?

I'm looking into SAH and would like a part time job making some money while I'm at home with the baby. Just curious if any of you girls stay at home and work from home too? Could you give me some idea's or share with me your jobs please.

Re: What kind of jobs do you do while you SAH?

• I started doing take the globe two weeks ago on a referral of another nestie here. You literally just click on a website wait 20 seconds and get paid. It's not butt loads of money but I made $25 since joining on Nov.15th.  Here is the link if you want it.

https://www.TakeTheGlobe.com/index.php?page=register&r=goillini823

Andrea 7/9/08, Joaquin 4/18/11, boy coming 12/18/13 Forever missed: Gabriel 11/24/09 at 20 weeks
  • imagegoillini823:

I started doing take the globe two weeks ago on a referral of another nestie here. You literally just click on a website wait 20 seconds and get paid. It's not butt loads of money but I made $25 since joining on Nov.15th.  Here is the link if you want it.

Same here I think I refered you. I made $120 for the month of November and my friend that refered me made $500

• Loading the player...
  • imagemerr818:
    imagegoillini823:

I started doing take the globe two weeks ago on a referral of another nestie here. You literally just click on a website wait 20 seconds and get paid. It's not butt loads of money but I made $25 since joining on Nov.15th.  Here is the link if you want it.

Same here I think I refered you. I made $120 for the month of November and my friend that refered me made $500

I couldnt remember who referred me, but thanks! 

Andrea 7/9/08, Joaquin 4/18/11, boy coming 12/18/13 Forever missed: Gabriel 11/24/09 at 20 weeks
  • imagegoillini823:
    imagemerr818:
    imagegoillini823:

I couldnt remember who referred me, but thanks! 

I pushed post to soon. heheeh. Thanks it has really worked out for me and has helped bring in extra cash I really needed!

• What exactly do you get paid to do on this site?
    Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.
  • Pretty much to look at ads. People pay this website to post their ads you look at them for 20 seconds and you get paid 5 cents for every 10 that you view.
  • And how do you get the money by check or DD or paypal? Or what? How long does it take to arrive?
    Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.
  • it depends what kind of money you need to make. 

A lot of people I know either sell products from home (Mary Kay, Pampered Chef) or make things for sale (jewelry, photo cards, that kind of thing).

You could also look into in-home daycare or nannying.

I work PT 2 days a week after spending my DD's first 2 years working FT.  My friend runs her own market research company from home and I am basically her assistant.  She just happened to be at a good point to hire a few people part-time just when I needed to get out of my job.  I needed to bring in a good amount a month to be able to pay our bills, continue saving and continue to eat, so this situation was best for us.  My only other viable option for that much money was nannying, which I wasn't too excited about.

• stcroixbride: Sounds like a similar situation to mine. I worked FT until a little after my DC turned 2 (my H was a SAHD and is getting back into teaching). I just quit a few months ago and am looking for work PT. I a newly turned SAHM in the meantime. My goal is to work at the most 3 days per week.

Sounds like you got a great opportunity. Enjoy it!

• imagebuggles:
    And how do you get the money by check or DD or paypal? Or what? How long does it take to arrive?
  • imagebuggles:
    And how do you get the money by check or DD or paypal? Or what? How long does it take to arrive?

You get your money from alert pay. Very similar to pay pal but more secure. If you have the free membership it takes up to 60days if your upgade your membership up to 30days.

• I tutor for Brainfuse (www.brainfuse.com).  I have 11 hours set a week and I usually pick up at least 4 extra hours throughout each week for people who need a sub.  I love it and I have been doing it for a month:)  Good luck in your search!
  • After my 1-year mat leave is up, I'll go back to work from home as a medical transcriptionist for the health authority in my area. Pays not too bad for the 1-year program I had to take. Plus, I get to put my 8 hours in anytime in the 24-hour period, be it 2 hours at 2 in the morning, rest in the evening, whatever. Plus I'm actually an employee, not a contractor, so work pays for the computer and internet connection. I get paid breaks, benefits, etc.

• I do ChaCha. Its not a real job per say but I make as much as I would with a PT job outside the home. I can make $400-800/mo. depending how much i work.

Im looking into Tutor.com but so far it doesnt look like it will work with DS' schedule.

• I WAH, but I'm a Realtor.  Not the BEST field to get into right now! 

My friend actually works at a factory that manufactures weapons - she assembles some part.  That's 4pm-1am.  She actually loves it, despite the lack of sleep and is making about $17./hr.

Another friend of mine does customer service for a big financial place (they just laid off 1,000s of people, but they hired her last week.  She answers phones from 5pm-9pm M-F and gets paid about $14./hr.  She found the job on Monster. 

• I'll have to check out take the globe. I'm off there now.
  • imagegoillini823:

I'm using you! hope you don't mind.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"