Special Needs

You've got to be kidding me...

When DS2 was born DS1 came down with a low grade fever so he couldn't visit us at the hospital.  It just seemed to be teething.  Over the last week he's gotten more and more irritable despite not having a fever.

Yep, he has hand foot and mouth.

DS2 has started screaming constantly.  So we took him to the dr to start reflux treatment figuring that he has similar symptoms as DS1.

Nope, he has inguinal hernias that need to be repaired.

I feel like I can't get a break. 

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew

Re: You've got to be kidding me...

• Ugh, so sorry! Our boys like to do some of the same things-- we just finished HFM.

Nothing wears on the nerves like a screaming child. When is the surgery for the hernias? Are there any comfort measures you can do for now?

Hang in there, Toastie, and feel free to vent here!! 

• Ugh. Hugs mamma!

Nate's hernia popped out at about 4 weeks. One day it was just "there". He had surgery at 4 months since it was sooo big. I think they usually try to wait it out until after 6 months. It was a relatively easy procedure and Nate didn't seem to be in any discomfort. I was glad we did it at 4 months old because he really wasn't too mobile then so it was easy to keep him still. Good Luck!

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Loading the player...
  • Gah!  Im sorry.
    DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

• That royally sucks! Sorry! In the NICU I work in an inguinal hernia repair is pretty routine, they come back from surgery with a bandaid over the incision and are usually just kept overnight. I wish you didn't have to deal with all this!
  • Oh no- I hope you get a break soon!

DS had 2 hernias (an umbilical hernia and hydroceals- basically a hernia in his testicles).  They went away by the time he was 1, but they were going to do surgery on the hydroceals with his recircumcision (yes, we had to redo it!) but noticed it was closing on its on.

GL! I hear ya on the all at one time thing- why can't things be spread out so we can be rested a bit before dealing with another thing???!!!???  HUGS!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"