Preemies
Options

F/U to readmitted...losing my mind :(

We are STILL here. Today is Day 6 of an "overnight observation". Overall, Baby C is much better. She definitely has been battling some awful acute viral illness and has been struggling with desats, retractions, wheezing, & coughing. However, since yesterday she seems to really have improved. There was talk of us going home yesterday afternoon if she ate well & kept her sats up while sleeping. She did ok, but they wanted to watch her "one more night". She made it 23.5 hrs off oxygen and they just had to put her back on bc she was satting in the low 80s. I burst into tears bc that meSns ANOTHER night here. I'm beyond frustrated. I'm exhausted, I am missing tons of work, and I want to get home & back to our life. I am struggling to understand why - if they think she might battle this viral bronchiolitis for weeks - they won't send us home on home oxygen & a pulse ox. We did home O2 & I'm a nurse for Pete's sake. I'm so deflated this morning. I don't know what else I can do to help my sweet baby beat this crap. Ugh. 
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: F/U to readmitted...losing my mind :(

• Options
    SO sorry she, and you, are going through this!! I hope they find some answers today so she can safely come home ASAP! Why can't she come home on O2 + pulse ox? That seems so minor if she's already been home on O2....
    Julia ~ six miscarriages ~ our sweet miracle baby, Jack, due 5/3/12, was born at 29w1d on February 17, 2012, weighing 2 pounds 8 ounces Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Praying that Caroline starts to feel well soon. Hugs Mama!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are going through this and I hope she kicks this thing really soon!  Big Hugs to you!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are going through this.  I hope baby C gets better very soon. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Big hugs. Sorry you are dealing with all of this and I hope she is feeling better and back home soon!
    Mom to preemie b/g twins born 14 weeks early after 3 years of IF, 8 clomid cycles and 1 IVF. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Thank you guys for listening to my rant this morning. I was so upset, and exhausted, and battling a migraine.

We are FINALLY home! The pediatrician, resident, their nurse, the pulmonologist and I all met and came up with a plan and we all agreed that going home with O2 and a overnight pulse ox in two weeks was the best plan. My girl is snoozing away in her RnP right now; she was SO happy to be home! She immediately relaxed and just babbled (and coughed, lol). We see our pediatrician in the morning. 

Thanks guys for always having a kind, supportive word to say. :)

Angela & Baby Caroline

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Im so glad you are both home and resting - I honestly think they do better at home. the hospital environment is so stressful! Im sure she will be better in no time!!
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"