Baby Showers

Ideas for AZ baby sprinkle

Hi All,

My baby sprinkle is going to be in July. However, it is like 120 here in AZ around that time. Anyone have any good ideas for a baby sprinkle? I thought about renting out our town pool, but that was a no go. I just can't imagine everyone being smashed inside the house as it's too hot to do anything.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ideas for AZ baby sprinkle

• 1) I don't really care if some view them as tacky. I wasn't originally comfortable with the idea, however, I have my reasons for agreeing to have one. 2) They are planning, but I feel as though it won't hurt for me to have ideas. 

I am not planning it, merely thinking out loud on here.

Thanks!! 

• imageMandJS:
    imageMrsLuWho:

1) I don't really care if some view them as tacky. I wasn't originally comfortable with the idea, however, I have my reasons for agreeing to have one. 2) They are planning, but I feel as though it won't hurt for me to have ideas. 

I am not planning it, merely thinking out loud on here.

Thanks!! 

The way you worded your OP made it sound like you were planning your own. Renting out ANY location can be expensive. Leave it to your hostesses until and unless they ask for input. They are the ones footing the bill at the end of the day. 

I see what you are saying about the wording. I am leaving it to them. I just like to be able to have ideas and was curious what anyone else would do, whether it be your own you have had, or maybe someone who is throwing one. 

• Loading the player...
  • Your going to need a real sprinkle with 120 degree weather. I live in Louisiana its not that hot here, but I deff feel your pain.
  • I love AZ in the summer.  We used to go mid-July to mid-Aug every year.  Loved it!  Course i spent a lot of my time around the pool.  LOL

One place to check out is the Chamber of Commerce of your town.  Ask for inexpensive places to rent.  I know where I live (and where I used to live) there are Senior Centers that are very nice and they rent pretty inexpensively...like $50 with maybe an extra $50 they give back if things are cleaned up and not broken.  There are churches, firehalls, VFWs, etc. as well.  The Chamber of Commerce should know all of these though.  Give them a call.

• Help me out- what's the difference between a shower and a sprinkle?

• As I understand it, a shower is for a first time mom, larger, and includes registry information in invitation.

A sprinkle is for 2nd, 3rd etc pregnancies, is smaller, and does not include registry information in invitation.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"