April 2011 Moms

Radio/TV

How conscious are you of what is on the Radio/TV when LO is around?  Sometimes I'll watch adult-themed shows like Dateline or 20/20 when LO is in the room or listen to Howard Stern on the radio in the car.  Now that LO is starting to understand things, I think I'll have to be more conscious of what is on around her.  How conscious are you of what is on around LO? 

Re: Radio/TV

• I'm very conscious now that she's older.. in the car I usually keep it on the country station b/c it's a little less prone to risque lyrics? I'm not as bad with TV b/c if she's home she's usually doing something else but we obviously don't watch anything too bad while she's around/up.  I'm WAY worse than my DH? I don't think he realizes what a sponge she is right now!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We started doing this around 8 months (takes us a while to break old habits and we didn't want to start too late...when she was already absorbing everything). 

So long as the song doesn't have swear words we will listen to it right now since she doesn't understand concepts (we will change this in a few years).  She prefers songs with bass and toddler songs don't do it for her for very long.

As for TV, we just make sure it isn't violent (shows like true blood and game of thrones we watch when she's in bed).  And hubby only plays rated E games when she is around (mostly Mario) so lucky me get's stuck watching him play them later in the evening. 

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks everyone!  Now that she is getting older I definitely want to be more conscious of what she sees and hears!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"