Military Families

DH away for training

DH has been in VA training since the beginning of the month and won't return for a couple of weeks and I MISS MY HUSBAND! :( DS has been such a good baby but it is still so overwhelming being by myself and trying to get myself ready for work in the am and he wants to eat and he needs to get ready for the day as well.. I want my husband back! Anyone else's DH away and your home taking care of baby or your prego?

Edited by a moderator.  Please don't include specific dates.  Even dates concerning training are an OPSEC violation and major PERSEC issues.  

BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: DH away for training

• My DH is away for the same time frame.  I'm at 34 weeks and just spent a couple days in the hospital trying to stop pre-term labor.  I really wished he was there just to tell me it was okay.

I have two older children and thank God my mother has basically moved in to help since I'm on bedrest. But it does break my heart when my two year old son walks around asking, "where's da-da?" and he's too young to grasp the concept. 

My daughter perhaps gets it too well and has been a bit mopey but a great big sister throughout all this.

When my son was young, my DH had 6wk MOS training and it was terrible to get through the morning and try to get everyone fed and dressed.  It really helped to lay everything out the night before like label bottles for caregiver, set out clothes for both of you, etc. I would try and shower the night before but at that point after delivery it was hard b/c I was doing that whole homronal breastfeeding night sweat thing but once that stopped it was one less thing to do in the morning.

We're getting ready to have a deployment later this year and my daughter will be a few months old and I am dreading that stage.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Congrats on #3!!  

I have great in-laws and they are always just around the corner but they also drive me crazy at the same time...haha..but thankful to have them! I try to get everything set out the night before for his sitter and for his 1 feeding during the night. I set my alarm earlier than I should just so I can hop in the shower while he's still sleeping but majority of the time he wakes up at the same time, I swear he knows when I'm trying to do something :)

DH gets deployed in the fall for a year and I'm like if I can't handle a few weeks how the heck am I going to handle a year?? It breaks my heart to know that DH will miss most of DS "first" walk/birthday stuff like that and I guess that also contributes to the whole how can I handle you gone a year..

Edited by moderator. Please don't post dates.

• Loading the player...
  • DH just got back from deployment a bit over a month ago - he missed all of LO's first 8 months (aside from a couple days for the birth and a couple days before actually going overseas).  To me, a few weeks seems harder than a year because you hardly have time to really adjust to the "new normal".  When they're away for a longer period of time, you have time to make a routine and get used to doing everything yourself, instead of just starting to get used to it and then YH coming home. 

So there's this boy. He kinda stole my heart. He calls me "Mom"

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Voted "Mom of the Year" 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• My husband is away too for about the same time. But we don't have kids and I'm not pregnant yet. We've been TTC and are starting fertility treatments as soon as he gets back. I hate that we had to push it off! Stupid army taking his sperm across the country...anyway I miss him too. Hang in there, it'll be over before you know it!
    TTC since June, 2011 with anovulatory PCOS, 1 blocked tube, and mild MFI
    3rd cycles clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    4th cycles letrozole/Ovidrel + IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 = BFP! Twins due 2/5/2014
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • oops34oops34 member
    My DH has been gone for 3 months and will be gone another 3 for training. I hate it. Our youngest son was born two days before he left. Our oldest son was 13 months old at the time. Now, I'm here alone raising a 3 month old and a 16 month old. It is SO hard, and I miss H so much. I feel your pain. The time is dragging, and I'm just counting down the days until he gets home. I don't know how you ladies do this for a year. I pray I never have to find the strength to do that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• How are you doing it? I find it hard with just a 10 week old, let alone a 2nd child.. I miss H so much too and yes the time is dragging by and I also have a countdown.. But it's just the daily tasks and being alone that are killing me..The year that he's away, not sure how I'm going to handle that one!
  • You aren't alone!  My husband was gone at training in several different locations for 18 months straight, if we were lucky we could afford a ticket for me to fly there or him to come home for a weekend.  Our daughter just turned four and it was crazy for awhile when he was gone until we could develop a new routine.  After one of the last minute unplanned weekends together, (he was getting ready to deploy and we had to see each other one more time) I found out I was pregnant.  I found out a week after he left, morning sickness, missing my amazing husband and raising a four year old is pretty chaotic!  Like I said, all you have to do is find your routine to keep things organized and less stressful for you and little one until he comes back home.  Its the one thing that will spare your sanity!!!  Good luck and I hope the time flies by and he is back home soon!
  • Good luck to you too!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"