Maryland Babies
Options

Childbirth and parenting class

I live in northwest Baltimore and am looking for a childbirth and or parenting class. I'm a first time mom expecting twins and my DH is deployed to Afghanistan, so I need all the help I can get. Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Childbirth and parenting class

• Options
    I would look into classes at the hospital where you'll be delivering.  Most of them have many great ones.  Good luck!
    lovelylittleworld
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • Options
    A lot of it depends too on what kind of birth that you want.  If you want a natural childbirth, I would skip the hospital ones as they won't really prepare you for that.  Soft and Cozy Baby in Hamilton offers birth classes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageRagdolls:
    I would look into classes at the hospital where you'll be delivering.  Most of them have many great ones.  Good luck!

Yes  This is what we did. We took an infant care class and a childbirth class through our hospital. They had a list of classes they offered!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options
    FWIW, I knew that I wanted a different type of birth/pain management, so I went with a private birth class through a local mid-wife. However, I know many people who have taken classes at their local hospitals and been very happy. I think it all depends on your approach to childbirth Smile
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"