Trying to Get Pregnant

My Chart is Hideous - Please Stalk

Hey ladies.  Can someone take a look at my chart and give me some guidance on a few things?

First of all, it's my first cycle charting - is it completely normal for my chart to look this much all over the place the first go around?  I know that my wake times are all over the place - sometimes 6 am - sometimes 8 am.  Although, I know that varying wake times can affect FF's ability to provide accurate data, but according to the tutorial section, some people benefit more from the solid 3 hours rest vs consistent wake times. So, this cycle, I'm relying more on the solid sleep. 

1. Should I try to focus on wake times next month? Or does does my chart look more "normal" than I think it does?

2. Do you think I've O'ed? (FWIW, my cycles have been between 25-28 days since I stopped taking BCP in mid-January).

3.  Drinking - I've had two nights so far this month where I would say I was "tipsy" and I marked drinking on the readings the morning after drinking.  Is that the correct way to mark it?  Also, when is it necessary to mark drinking?  Any alcohol at all, a buzz, or drunk? 

ETA:  grammar issues

Off BC since January 2012/TTC #1 since April 2012
October 2013 IUI #1 - 5mg femara + Ovidrel = BFN
November 2013 IUI #2 - 5mg femara + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Crinone = 12/16/13 FIRST EVER BFP!!!  DD Blaire Noelle 8/26/14
Surprise!  2 under 2 is happening!  Due 12/5/15 (updated)

Re: My Chart is Hideous - Please Stalk

• Hey!

You have a lot of open circles, but if you are going for the 3 hour sleep temps, then i don?t think you have ovulated! You have to take a look at the temps in general, not each one, and they all seem to be along the same range.. When you ovulate you have to have 3 sustained high temps (quite higher than the rest). So, i?m not an expert but the best advice is when in doubt hump it out :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Even with the open circles, I don't think you've O'd yet.

I get a lot of variance if I don't temp at the same time each day, you might want to try that next cycle and see if it's any better.

• Loading the player...
  • imageHungryRunner76:

Hey ladies.  Can someone take a look at my chart and give me some guidance on a few things?

First of all, it's my first cycle charting - is it completely normal for my chart to look this much all over the place the first go around?  I know that my wake times are all over the place - sometimes 6 am - sometimes 8 am.  Although, I know that varying wake times can affect FF's ability to provide accurate data, but according to the tutorial section, some people benefit more from the solid 3 hours rest vs consistent wake times. So, this cycle, I'm relying more on the solid sleep. 

1. Should I try to focus on wake times next month? Or does does my chart look more "normal" than I think it does?

2. Do you think I've O'ed? (FWIW, my cycles have been between 25-28 days since I stopped taking BCP in mid-January).

3.  Drinking - I've had two nights so far this month where I would say I was "tipsy" and I marked drinking on the readings the morning after drinking.  Is that the correct way to mark it?  Also, when is it necessary to mark drinking?  Any alcohol at all, a buzz, or drunk? 

ETA:  grammar issues

Can you set your alarm for the same time everyday?  That would help enormously.  All of those open circles will make it difficult for interpretation.  I don't think you have O'ed....I would keep temping, and marking CM, and hopefully you will be able to catch it.  As for #3.....I only mark drinking when it is more than I would drink on average.  For me personally, I don't mark it if it is one drink....if I have a few, I will mark it. 

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• Thanks everyone so far for the help.  I'll try being more consistent with my wake times going forward to see if that helps. 

I was hopeful that I O-ed a few days ago with the period like cramping, EWCM, and the slight spotting I had.  Not good especially now since the hubs is gone for the majority of the week on business.  :(

Thanks again! 

November 2013 IUI #2 - 5mg femara + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Crinone = 12/16/13 FIRST EVER BFP!!!  DD Blaire Noelle 8/26/14

• raeynraeyn member
    imagesaintpaulJess:

Even with the open circles, I don't think you've O'd yet.

I get a lot of variance if I don't temp at the same time each day, you might want to try that next cycle and see if it's any better.

Yup, this. Given the length of your previous cycles, it's quite possible that you will O in the next couple days. I agree with Jess that you may want to try focusing on wake times next cycle just to see if that helps. Also, using OPKs might put your mind a bit more at ease.

As for the drinking, I mark it down every time (even for one drink) on the day I drank and write in the comments how much. It's never caused open circles for me, so I figure it's more for my own information. I've found it interesting to note patterns, like the fact that I'm more likely to sleep through the night after having a glass of wine! It's certainly not necessary to do that, though.

imageimage
  • I'm having similar issues to yours.  My chart is seriously fugly, you're welcome to stalk (as well as anyone else who wants to look at mine, I'm a bit lost!).  This is my first cycle charting as well. 

Looking at your chart, I agree w/ pp's that you probably haven't o'd yet.  As far as wake times and blocks of sleep, I've been going w/ wake times.  I'm a pretty inconsistent sleeper, and have bladder issues that cause me to be up around 6x per night on average.  I temp at 5am every day, and just mark sleep deprived if I have to get up and pee within like an hour and a half before temping.  I know that it's supposed to be 3 hours of sleep, but because of my issue, that is somewhat of a rarity for me.  This is probably a big reason why my chart is so hideous, but I don't have much of an option.  I'm kind of concerned that my chart won't show o when it happens.

With marking down drinking, I usually just do it if I'm pretty buzzed and go to sleep that way.  And, yes, I mark it for the morning after.

HTH!

• 1.  I set my alarm for 5:30 every morning to temp  (when I was temping) even if I didn't get up at that time, that way it stayed consistent.  Something to think about trying.

2.   No, it doesn't look like you've O'd yet.  Even though you have a "normal" range, some cycles can be thrown off and you can O later than what you would expect

3.  I would always mark having any alcohol because it causes your temperature to rise.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

• First of all, it's my first cycle charting - is it completely normal for my chart to look this much all over the place the first go around?  YES, it can take a cycle or 2 to get into the swing of temping

I know that my wake times are all over the place - sometimes 6 am - sometimes 8 am.  Although, I know that varying wake times can affect FF's ability to provide accurate data, but according to the tutorial section, some people benefit more from the solid 3 hours rest vs consistent wake times. So, this cycle, I'm relying more on the solid sleep. I personally agree to this, I get better temps with solid sleep versus consistent time. I try not to let my waking time waver more than 1 hour in either direction of my standard waking time. 

1. Should I try to focus on wake times next month? Or does does my chart look more "normal" than I think it does? Since your new to this, YES. Everybody will differ. after a few cycles, You'll be able to tell better if you need to get spot on the minute with your waking time or not.

2. Do you think I've O'ed? (FWIW, my cycles have been between 25-28 days since I stopped taking BCP in mid-January). No, I would expect your temps to be much higher, approaching the 98's. If your temps are just off by an hour or 2 you should have been able to confirm )

3.  Drinking - I've had two nights so far this month where I would say I was "tipsy" and I marked drinking on the readings the morning after drinking.  Is that the correct way to mark it? This it's really up to you, I mark it for the days I think drinking has affected my temp. Some people like to put it the night they actually drink. It's more for your own record, FF will not take it into account.  Also, when is it necessary to mark drinking?  Any alcohol at all, a buzz, or drunk?  I only mark it when I've had enough to drink that it disturbs my sleeping pattern - or am a bit hung over. FF may send you a "Drinking Warning", and you can promptly tell FF to F Off

Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone that posted the advice.  I really appreciate it!  Here are some treats for helping me out! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"