VBAC
Options

Intro - planning HBAC in San Antonio

Hi ladies,

My name is Stephanie, I'm 34, have been married for 8 years and we have 1 little girl, Ele, who is 3 and #2 on the way.  Ele was born in a hospital in St Louis by c/s after 18 hours of labor and 2 hours of pushing due to positional dystocia and an asynclitic head.  Without going into many details, my water broke at home and upon presentation at the hospital I wasn't in active labor yet, so I was "managed" and not aloud out of bed to move around.  I'm positive this lead to my c/s.   As a result of my first birth experience I set about educating myself and have since become a labor doula and a childbirth educator.  I am also active with ICAN.  

This time around I am working with a midwife in TX and am planning a HBAC at home.  I am currently 19w5d with #2 and am just looking to talk to other like minded moms.  I get some slack from my mom about choosing to birth at home and haven't even bothered to tell anyone else in my family because I don't want to listen to them try to talk me out of it.  If you can't support my choice, then SHUT UP, is what I really want to say to them. 

Re: Intro - planning HBAC in San Antonio

• Options

Welcome!  I had a hospital VBAC and people still had plenty to say to me so I can imagine the flack you are getting for an HBAC.  It's amazing how people think you just woke up today and made a decision without doing any research.  They honestly think their opinion that they developed based on what their coworker said a friend told them is more sound than the hours you spent looking at scientific research and statistics?  It's truly exhausting.  People give birth every day.  There are risks to every birth.  You have to make the choice that's best for you in your situation.

Good luck to you and I hope your mom comes around enough to be supportive!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options

Hello and welcome!  We're near the Houston area, and while I'm planning for another hospital VBAC I've also been accepted at a birth center closer to home... I'm still tackling that decision though LOL.  I'm 33 weeks with baby #3.  DD was a c/s for PROM/failed induction/poorly managed antepartum care/etc, etc.  DS was a hospital waterbirth VBAC at a hospital in Denver with midwives (still LOVE saying that!), and we'll see how this birth turns out in 7-8ish weeks.  

At first, my mom (former L&D nurse) gave me the hardest time about looking into an out-of-hospital birth with this LO, but lately she seems to be giving up the fight thank goodness.  She knows I've always done what I wanted despite her opinions, and I've never done anything to put myself or our babies in danger.  So she's letting go of the issue for the moment.  

GL to you with your HBAC!  Check out our VBAC Bumpie blog link on the top of the VBAC board for birth stories and resources too!   

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"