Northern California Babies

I hate buying cell phones!

DH and I spent all day looking at phones and looking on line to see what I wanted and how much it would cost. I finally figured it all out and we were going to get the phone for the sales tax on it. BUT then I go in to the store and all of a sudden I need to pay the activation fee (+20) oh and because I am not upgrading my account there is another 30 dollar fee, but then he looks at my account and on that phone I can't use the discount I wanted to use with the instant rebate so I will pay the 50 dollars extra for the phone. By the time I calculated all of it out the phone was 100 dollars more than we had thought, and I just couldn't deal. I walked out of the store! Leaving DH to appoligize to the sales clerk, although I feel like it was him who should be apoligizing to me for missleading me on price for so long.

I still "need" a new phone and to make it worse now I really want THAT phone rather than the cheap one I was going to get 3 days ago! I really hate shoping for a new phone. 

Re: I hate buying cell phones!

• Arg. That sucks. I totally hear you on the bait & switch getting a new phone. It's stressful and it's happened to me in the past.

I think you did the right thing by walking out. Even if you do end up getting this phone and it costs more at least the next time you'll do it because it's your decision, not because it came out of the blue. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"