Working Moms
Options

XP: bottle opinions needed

I'm sure it's been asked, but what bottles do you use/like? I'll need bottles for daycare and am not sure how pumping is going to go when I return to work next week.

So far we've tried:

Born Free - pricey, but OK

Avent - leaked like crazy

Evenflo cheapies - will work with pump (which the others will not) but not sure if the nipple is going to cause confusion since it's so skinny.

THoughts? Opinions?

Thanks!

DS1 9/2008 * DD 8/2011 * EDD DS2 3/2016

Re: XP: bottle opinions needed

• Options

We use Dr. Brown's, and always have.  They work with the Medela pump, although I never actually used that feature to my advantage.

They're a bit of a PITA to clean, but it only adds a couple of minutes.  Helped with DD's gas and reflux when she was younger, too.

• Options
    we used avent.  never had a problem w/ leakage.  are the nipples snapped on correctly?  we also tried dr. brown's but cleaning the multiple parts was a royal pita
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Playtex Vent Air I have both regular and wide mouth.  You just have to make sure the bottom vents are screwed on tight.  They aren't that expensive and don't have as many parts as the Dr Browns, which is what I originally had.  One draw back is because they vent on the bottom you can't pump right into them.
  • Options
    Playtex drop ins and MAM
  • Options
    we use BornFree.. works so we're sticking with it
  • Options
    We use Born Free Bottles with level 3 (fast flow) nipple. ?They never leak and they work well for DD.
  • Options

We tried Avent and Dr. Browns and ended up liking Dr. Browns better.  To help with the cleaning of the mulitple parts, I put them in the dishwasher.  I just make sure that the water from the jets will get into the tube thing, turn off the heated dry, and we are good to go!  Also, I've found that it is best to hand wash nipples to prevent them from getting cloudy.

• Options
    At first, we just used the medela bottles.  It was the easiest with pumping.  However, after a while, we had trouble with them leaking.  So we switched to Avent bottles.  Honestly, I have never used a bottle/sippy cup that didn't leak a little at some time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Playtex drop ins with the ortho latex nipples were the ONLY ones DD would take.  With her being in daycare and all bottles having to go pre-made, the drop ins are awesome and we don't have bottles to wash everyday.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"