Baby Showers
Options

Group gift from work

I am co-hosting a shower for a co-worker next Thursday.  We've done a group gift before for baby showers and are doing one again this time.  I sent an email out to everyone on the guest list (all my co-workers, no one from outside of work) saying what we were thinking of buying, and to stop by and sign the card, don't feel obligated, blah, blah, blah. 

Anyway, while I've gotten a ton of response, there are a few people I would think would be interested in going in on the gift that I haven't heard back from.  So I am wondering if I should check in on people?  Send out a reminder?  I don't want to be annoying, or have people feel obligated to contribute.  But at the same time I don't want five more people showing up at my office the day of the shower wanting to contribute...

FWIW, I did NOT put a cutoff date as to when I'd be ordering the gift on the original email.  In hindsight, I really should have done that...

ETA: I am thinking of just sending out an email again saying "I am planning on ordering Sarah's gift tomorrow, so please let me know if you are interested in going in on the group gift!" just to the people I haven't heard back from.  Or maybe just to those that RSVP'd yes that I haven't heard from?!?!

DH and I married 8 years. Mom of three, stepmom of one.

Re: Group gift from work

• Options

imagerohanite:
    I just got one of these in my inbox today and I didn't think it was pushy, but it was addressed to everyone that had been invited, and was just a reminder (and had a deadline).  I would definitely NOT send a reminder e-mail to just the people you haven't heard from, because then they may feel singled out.  And yes, definitely give a deadline!  That way if they don't get back to you, it's their fault for procrastinating and you've done all you can.

I agree with this. I would send out the reminder e-mail to everybody, but include a line like, "A lot of you have already contributed, but if there's anybody that still wants to..." That way you are acknowledging that some have already done it, but not looking like you're invoicing those who haven't by only sending it to them.

(And I realize you're not actually invoicing! I think your intentions are spot-on, I'm just talking about how it could appear.)

• Options
    ccamccam member
    I would definitely send out a reminder saying "anyone interested in contributing to Sarah's gift, please come see me by ___ so that I have time to go shopping".  We get them all the time at work!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ccamccam member

imagerohanite:
    I just got one of these in my inbox today and I didn't think it was pushy, but it was addressed to everyone that had been invited, and was just a reminder (and had a deadline).  I would definitely NOT send a reminder e-mail to just the people you haven't heard from, because then they may feel singled out.  And yes, definitely give a deadline!  That way if they don't get back to you, it's their fault for procrastinating and you've done all you can.

I agree with this, too.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options

imageMandJS:
    I think it's okay to send a reminder E-mail to everyone and just state that you'll be ordering "tomorrow", "next Friday", whenever and to let you know by that point for sure if they want in.

This.

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Options
    eav2ceav2c member

imageMandJS:
    I think it's okay to send a reminder E-mail to everyone and just state that you'll be ordering "tomorrow", "next Friday", whenever and to let you know by that point for sure if they want in.

This. Though, I wouldn't say tomorrow. Give people a day or two or they might not go in on it if they think they have to give the money today.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks everybody!  It has been a few years since we've had a group shower gift, so I couldn't remember what was done. 

DH and I married 8 years. Mom of three, stepmom of one.

• Options
    imagejociejones:

imagerohanite:

I agree with this. I would send out the reminder e-mail to everybody, but include a line like, "A lot of you have already contributed, but if there's anybody that still wants to..." That way you are acknowledging that some have already done it, but not looking like you're invoicing those who haven't by only sending it to them.

(And I realize you're not actually invoicing! I think your intentions are spot-on, I'm just talking about how it could appear.)

Yep...I agree with these.

• Options
    imagegracie__r:

ETA: I am thinking of just sending out an email again saying "I am planning on ordering Sarah's gift tomorrow, so please let me know if you are interested in going in on the group gift!" just to the people I haven't heard back from.  Or maybe just to those that RSVP'd yes that I haven't heard from?!?!

This is perfect and totally acceptable. Once you've sent that, it's their loss. You have to work with what you have!

Callie photo Callie1.jpg
  • Options
    imagerhubarb123:
    imagejociejones:

imagerohanite:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"