Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Suddenly started pooping about 5 times a day!

ever since my baby turned 2 months, his poops started decreasing til he got to just one a day. He will be 6 months on the 24th of this month, and out of no where he started pooping close to 5 times a day since Saturday. The day this started we didn't give him baby food. And before this poop marathon started, we gave him baby food for four weeks before. So, it can't be the baby food. Anyone else have this "out of no where" poop-a-thon with their little ones? Should I be worried?

P.S. His poop his healthy in color and texture, no odd coloring, and no mucus or blood 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Suddenly started pooping about 5 times a day!

• i am blaming teething, DS was going every couple of days (BF only) but for the last couple of days he always has his fingers in his mouth, and hence he has pooped 3 times today!!
  • mcleremclere member

My lo is doing this too all of a sudden. She will be 4 months Thursday and always eats her hands so it may be teething but she also is eating more now so it could be from that. Has your lo starting eating more?

Follow Me on Pinterest Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageautumn423:
    i am blaming teething, DS was going every couple of days (BF only) but for the last couple of days he always has his fingers in his mouth, and hence he has pooped 3 times today!!

I don't think you're wrong, this is purely for curiosity's sake.  Why would teething make a baby poop more?  I can't reason it in my head.   

Anniversary

• thought i read that teething cause diarrhea. 
    because of the extra saliva swallowed  during teething loosens the stools

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"