Trying to Get Pregnant

Could I be pregnant?

I've been becoming increasingly paranoid that I might be pregnant. My period is irregular so I have no idea when I'm ovulating or when I'm supposed to get it.

My last period was April 28-May 1. I had some spotting (for the most part only on the tissue after going to the bathroom) from around May 24-29. It seemed to light to be my period and though my period is irregular, it's usually not that close together. If anything I usually get it every 6+ weeks or longer.

Other than that I've just been having general random things happening with my body that I'm not used to. I hardly ever get sick or have anything go wrong so it's starting to freak me out. Over the weekend I was very bloated and constipated. That kind of tapered into gassy/bloated/cramping and right now I'm still feeling a little bloated, but no longer constipated. 

My nipples have been sore and erect for probably at least a week now. Then this morning I wake up with what seems like a cold - runny nose and sneezing. It's a weird symptom that I've had girlfriends tell me in the past that was their first symptom they remember, before they even knew they were preggo.

I took a test last week, negative. Took one this morning (though I forgot to take it first thing, so my pee was pretty clear) and negative. They're the cheapy test strips you can get like 25 of for $8 on Amazon.

We're not REALLY trying, but we're not, not trying. We're just seeing what happens. It's just really been bugging me because I can't shake this feeling. Am I testing too early? Or is my body just going crazy? I'd like to just put my mind at ease so I don't keep thinking I might be pregnant haha. Any advice?

Re: Could I be pregnant?

• My advice: Negative test means you're not pregnant.
    TTC #2 Since January 2012 Chemical Pregnancy September 2012Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ksgsmuksgsmu member

we can't tell you that you are pregnant ... keep testing once a week, if you don't get your period in two months call your doctor...

do yourself a HUGE favor and get to know your body better by reading up on fertility etc...  the newbie link at the top is a good start!

***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Loading the player...
  • acesupacesup member
    I'm not a HPT so I can't tell. Negative test = not pregnant. test once a week, if you hit 60 days with no AF call your doctor.
  • If the test is negative...probably not pregnant.  As PP has said, I would suggest charting your temps to get a better idea of where you are in your cycle.  Take a test once a week, if you dont get your period for 60 days, call your doctor.  Sorry, guessing that isnt what you wanted to hear.
    CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011
    BFP #1: 2/15/12-Ectopic/Mtx at 6 wks

BFP #2: 10/12/12-m/c at 5 wks. 
    BFP #3: 8/27/13
    Me: MTHFR, Low AMH (1.1), High NK cells and Antiphospholipid Antibodies.
    DH:MFI-Low morph (1%), DNA fragmentation: Excellent!
    5 rounds of clomid, 3 IUIs, and multiple non-medicated cycles- BFFN                                                      
    IVF with ICSI in August 2013 brought us our babies.  ER-9R, 7M, 4F w/ICSI  ET of 2-Grade 2 blasts. 
    + HPT at 6dp5dt. #1 (8dp5dt)- 105    #2 (13dp5dt)- 510  #3 (15dp5dt)- 960  #4 (17dp5dt)- 1889
    Dx shortened cervix, PTL, and preeclampsia during pregnancy.  Lots of medications and 13 weeks of bedrest, babies were born healthy at 34w4d!

imagehttp://oi44.tinypic.com/10dwifm.jpg
  • Sorry but negative test means not pregnant.  Chart to get a better feel of when you ovulate, this way you'll know when your period is coming... gl
  •  Sorry if you don't feel like you are getting empathetic responses, OP, it really isn't personal, but this question has seriously been asked about 6 times a day for the last week. The answer doesn't really change much, so we start to feel like a broken record. The answer that piglet gave is perfect.

That said, welcome to the board.  If you take a minute to read the newbie link and scan previous threads, you are likely to find answers and information that may be of help going forward. Good luck to you!

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• Keep testing once a week and if you hit 60 days call your doctor.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks guys. I didn't see that link up there, it needs to be bigger! So much text, it blends in ;)

I guess I was just looking for someone who had a similar situation for comfort. I know you guys obviously aren't in my uterus checking it out.

I chart my period using an iphone app. It's completely irregular, my last few cycles have been 66, 54, 38 & 40 days so I only chart it to keep track of the past, not predict the future since it's random.

• imagemissaileen:

Thanks guys. I didn't see that link up there, it needs to be bigger! So much text, it blends in ;)

I guess I was just looking for someone who had a similar situation for comfort. I know you guys obviously aren't in my uterus checking it out.

I chart my period using an iphone app. It's completely irregular, my last few cycles have been 66, 54, 38 & 40 days so I only chart it to keep track of the past, not predict the future since it's random.

Useless. Fertilityfriend.com YW

•  ::Lurker emerging::

I agree with PP. We don't know of you are pregnant or not. If you are consistently testing negative, I'd hazard a guess...you're not pregnant. However, if you still feel you need more evidence, go to your doctor and ask for a blood test. Though, I doubt you will find anything different there. Test weekly. If you go more than 60 days with no AF, call the doc. 

Also, a little more lurking will really help you to know what is appropriate to post here...  

::goes back into lurk cave::

• Thanks for your input guys. Apparently I jumped in too fast and was annoying about it. I apologize. No need for anymore identical responses. I got it. Read the newbie post (working on it). FertilityFriend (working on it). Don't ask stupid questions. Was just looking for some advice and jumped in without looking. Again - I know you guys don't know if I'm actually pregnant, obviously. My apologies.
  • imagemissaileen:
    Thanks for your input guys. Apparently I jumped in too fast and was annoying about it. I apologize. No need for anymore identical responses. I got it. Read the newbie post (working on it). FertilityFriend (working on it). Don't ask stupid questions. Was just looking for some advice and jumped in without looking. Again - I know you guys don't know if I'm actually pregnant, obviously. My apologies.

You're forgiven. You lived and learned and took it like a champ. I think you'll do just fine here! Welcome! 

• ksgsmuksgsmu member

imagemissaileen:
    Thanks for your input guys. Apparently I jumped in too fast and was annoying about it. I apologize. No need for anymore identical responses. I got it. Read the newbie post (working on it). FertilityFriend (working on it). Don't ask stupid questions. Was just looking for some advice and jumped in without looking. Again - I know you guys don't know if I'm actually pregnant, obviously. My apologies.

Welcome to the board!  The ladies here are super helpful and have a lot of knowledge so hang out and  you will learn a ton!  Good luck!

***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

I'm a Timelord, not psychic.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageHulkTTGP:
    imagemissaileen:

Thanks guys. I didn't see that link up there, it needs to be bigger! So much text, it blends in ;)

Stares at hulk's muscles.......Sexy
    Married BF 6/29/2002/
    TTC Since Aug 2011/
    ME:34 all clear/DH:41 DX Severe MFI/
    IVF w/ICSI OCT 2012 Stims started 10/8/ER 10/19/12/ET 10/24/Beta#1 11/2=BFN (beta was 1.2)

IVF 2.0-Baseline 11/7/12 beta 0/All Clear
    Stim start 11/7/12//ER 11/19 11M//10F
    ET 2 embies 11/24//Beta#1 28 Beta #2 23 Beta#3 29
    stop meds Beta#4 37/C/P 5W5D EDD:8/12/13/IVF#3 in Jan

Ivf 3-frozen 3 poor 3day/fet=bfn

Ivf#4 New dr. New protocol=beta1 197 beta#2 677 beta#3 1557
     u/s 8/13 =TWINS 2 strong hb
    Due Date 4/4/14

My Chart//>

• imageHulkTTGP:
    imagemissaileen:

Just like you. YW
  • imagemissaileen:
    No worries good luck to ya though. If ya stick around there is a lot of good info around. THese ladies may be sassy, but they have some great advice if you can stick around. Great group of woman.
    Married BF 6/29/2002/
    TTC Since Aug 2011/
    ME:34 all clear/DH:41 DX Severe MFI/
    IVF w/ICSI OCT 2012 Stims started 10/8/ER 10/19/12/ET 10/24/Beta#1 11/2=BFN (beta was 1.2)

IVF 2.0-Baseline 11/7/12 beta 0/All Clear
    Stim start 11/7/12//ER 11/19 11M//10F
    ET 2 embies 11/24//Beta#1 28 Beta #2 23 Beta#3 29
    stop meds Beta#4 37/C/P 5W5D EDD:8/12/13/IVF#3 in Jan

Ivf 3-frozen 3 poor 3day/fet=bfn

Ivf#4 New dr. New protocol=beta1 197 beta#2 677 beta#3 1557
     u/s 8/13 =TWINS 2 strong hb
    Due Date 4/4/14

My Chart//>

• imagemissaileen:

Nice response. I think you'll do just fine here. Lurk a little and read the newbie link. It really is a great group of ladies who can really help you learn a lot about TTC. Welcome and good luck.

BFP 4/4/12 CP 4/10/12

9/20/2013 Came home with our little miracle from the Philippines

11/26/2013 Surprise!!! BFP!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagebeachbum4304:

imagemissaileen:

Nice response. I think you'll do just fine here. Lurk a little and read the newbie link. It really is a great group of ladies who can really help you learn a lot about TTC. Welcome and good luck.

Hi there, I was lurking just cause I was curious about what was going on in this happy little thread, then I saw your sig and it made me very happy, the big bang theory is possibly one of the most awesome shows ever :D  now back to my lurkhole :] *hides* 

*married June 18, 2011 to the most wonderful man ever* BFP #1 6/11/12, M/C on 7/11/12 @ 9 weeks 6 days, baby measuring at 6 weeks 2 days. We love you baby v! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers PitaPata Dog tickersPitaPata Dog tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagerrdiva1:
    imageHulkTTGP:
    imagemissaileen:

Stares at hulk's muscles.......Sexy

I'm much sexier than that big green beast.

Creepy?  Maybe.

Sexy trumps green and creepy.

• BROOKE SMASH!!

ETA: I sounds like you need to poop and possibly have an orgasm. Sorry about your constantly erect nipples. And also for the fact that you know people who use the word "preggers"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • imageAloyssa2003:
    imagebeachbum4304:

imagemissaileen:

Hi there, I was lurking just cause I was curious about what was going on in this happy little thread, then I saw your sig and it made me very happy, the big bang theory is possibly one of the most awesome shows ever :D  now back to my lurkhole :] *hides* 

I'm so glad it made you happy =) I am itching for season 5 to come out on DVD so I can catch up!!! Love me some Sheldon!

BFP 4/4/12 CP 4/10/12

9/20/2013 Came home with our little miracle from the Philippines

11/26/2013 Surprise!!! BFP!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageallthecoolkidsdoit:
    imageHulkTTGP:
    imagemissaileen:

Just like you. YW

Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Have you ever been tested for PCOS?  Irregular cycles are one of the symptoms, and, not to scare you but, PCOS is the most common cause of infertility. 
  • imageatyler727:
    Have you ever been tested for PCOS?  Irregular cycles are one of the symptoms, and, not to scare you but, PCOS is the most common cause of infertility. 

Edited. For some reason this response rubs me the wrong way.... Yes, she could have PCOS, but she could also have no problem concieving. I feel like maybe it is borrowing trouble a little prematurely.

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• imageatyler727:
    Have you ever been tested for PCOS?  Irregular cycles are one of the symptoms, and, not to scare you but, PCOS is the most common cause of infertility. 

Why in the holy heII would you come on to a board with 4 whole posts under your belt and post something like this? You newbies need to stop thinking you have a license to diagnose/inform people just because you can Google and form cohesive sentences.

Dedos de salsicha para o seu prazer...
  • good lord, just because I haven't posted on here 2,000 times doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.  I never said she has it, if you look at the research everything I stated was factual (that irregular cycles are a symptom of PCOS and it is the most common cause of infertility). 
  • And it obviously never occurred to you a person could be completely knowledgeable on this subject without never having posted on here....I have just as much of a right as anyone else to give advice and opinions. 

People like you are the exact reason why I do not post on any message board.  I do read posts quite a lot though, so I know how clique-ish and rude you regulars are to "newbies."  

• imageatyler727:

And it obviously never occurred to you a person could be completely knowledgeable on this subject without never have posted on here....I have just as much of a right of anyone else to give advice and opinions. 

People like you is the exact reason why I do not post on any message board.  I do read posts quite a lot though, so I know how clique-ish and rude you regulars are to "newbies."  

ARE, "People like you are the exact reason". YWIA

• imageGrace0609:
    imageatyler727:

And it obviously never occurred to you a person could be completely knowledgeable on this subject without never have posted on here....I have just as much of a right of anyone else to give advice and opinions. 

People like you is the exact reason why I do not post on any message board.  I do read posts quite a lot though, so I know how clique-ish and rude you regulars are to "newbies."  

I could barely understand these two paragraphs due to your lack of semi-proper grammar.  Don't get me wrong, I am no grammar or spelling expert, but wow.

Here, here. 

• ::shakes the shiiit out of her Magic 8 Ball::

Not just no, but hell no.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • imageGrace0609:
    imageatyler727:

I could barely understand these two paragraphs due to your lack of semi-proper grammar.  Don't get me wrong, I am no grammar or spelling expert, but wow.

GAH, after re-reading her post, I realize there was a lot more editing that should have taken place. Its a lost cause.

• imageatyler727:

Who is this directed towards? I hope not me, because I did not question your right to post, nor did I state that your facts were incorrect. In fact, I wasn't even rude.  My only comment was that it might be premature to suggest PCOS or that she might be infertile, when she hasn't even begun trying yet. If you were offended by that I apologize, it is simply a difference of opinion and no reason to be upset.

Mini IVF! **

• No, it was not directed toward you at all.  I totally get your point.  Not necessarily agreeing with it, but I get it. I thought you were very respectful toward me. 

It was directed toward the other person who said I have no right to post advice on here because I have only posted 4 times.  Apparently according to hawkeye, I need to have posted at least 64 times to know what I'm talking about like her or to not be attacked for posting what is considered a stupid question. 

• Well this thread blew up and totally went off topic after I last posted apologizing for approaching this board the wrong way Tongue TiedWink

But actually -- yes I have several symptoms of PCOS and I do plan to get checked soon as my husband is now eligible for medical insurance at his new job. I know that particular post was kind of frowned upon, but I just thought I'd address that.

• Cleclist--What did I post that was inaccurate?  And how was my advice any different than everyone else giving their opinion that the poster was not pregnant?  isn't that also medical advice that should only be given by a professional?  It is possible to have a negative pregnancy test and still be pregnant.  I guess I just don't see the difference.  I hardly think it was rude to suggest they get tested.  If you knew anything about PCOS, based on irregular periods alone you would know my suggestion really wasn't that far off base.  I think many other people's sarcastic replies were far more rude, but hey, they're "regulars" so it's okay. 

I'm just really sick of always seeing regulars gang up on people and I finally decided to say something.

I will continue on the same path I am on, as I don't feel I did  anything wrong.   You all can just kiss my ass if you don't like it.  I don't care. 

• Missaileen----Good!  You can technically just get diagnosed based on 2-3 symptoms (can't remember the exact number), but if you do have it, it would be good to start on Metformin sooner rather than later.  Also, I know a lot of specialists will prescribe birth control pills to regulate your cycles for a few months before you actually start trying, so that's also another reason sooner is better to see someone. I was diagnosed back in January of this year and my husband and I are going to start trying this September, so it is good to know we have a plan in place and have been doing the right things to get my body prepared. 

Also, even if you do have it, you can still have children, you just may need extra help with fertility meds,  Good luck!

• imageatyler727:

Missaileen----Good!  You can technically just get diagnosed based on 2-3 symptoms (can't remember the exact number), but if you do have it, it would be good to start on Metformin sooner rather than later.  Also, I know a lot of specialists will prescribe birth control pills to regulate your cycles for a few months before you actually start trying, so that's also another reason sooner is better to see someone. I was diagnosed back in January of this year and my husband and I are going to start trying this September, so it is good to know we have a plan in place and have been doing the right things to get my body prepared. 

Also, even if you do have it, you can still have children, you just may need extra help with fertility meds,  Good luck!

Hey look, I'm using this cool thing called the quote function. You can use it, too! It's right next to "Reply." 

• imageBeaglechon2012:
    imageatyler727:

Missaileen----Good!  You can technically just get diagnosed based on 2-3 symptoms (can't remember the exact number), but if you do have it, it would be good to start on Metformin sooner rather than later.  Also, I know a lot of specialists will prescribe birth control pills to regulate your cycles for a few months before you actually start trying, so that's also another reason sooner is better to see someone. I was diagnosed back in January of this year and my husband and I are going to start trying this September, so it is good to know we have a plan in place and have been doing the right things to get my body prepared. 

Hey look, I'm using this cool thing called the quote function. You can use it, too! It's right next to "Reply." 

hey look I don't care!
  • imageatyler727:
    imageBeaglechon2012:
    imageatyler727:

hey look I don't care!

Yaaay, you used it! :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"