Seriously -- just when you think the ear trouble is over... — The Bump
Parenting after 35

Seriously -- just when you think the ear trouble is over...

DD got her first ear infection in years on Saturday.  Got the drops and the pedi couldn't tell if the tube was working so suggested we go check on it.  Poor thing was so bad off I kept her home on Monday and Tuesday and Monday it was draining and seemed to have dried blood on the outside.  Long story short, the ENT PA thinks that the ear drum ruptured because the tube is on the way out and not functioning and the blood on the ear drum is far away from the tube being pushed out.  Ugh.  I feel so bad for DD.  Good thing is the drops healed it quickly and we have to give them to her for longer and go back in a month to check her hearing.  

Of course, she gave me her hideous cold that started it all and DS is just coming down with it now too.  And his tubes have fallen out already so fingers crossed. 

DD -- 5YO
DS -- 3YO

Re: Seriously -- just when you think the ear trouble is over...

• Oh poor baby!   I had bad ears as a child, too, but my parents never bothered to take me to a doc about it.  I swear that's part of the reason I have poor hearing today.

Hopefully she'll heal up quickly and feel much better soon.. nothing worse than ear aches.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • steverstever member

Oh no! Poor baby. I had an ear drum burst when I was little and remembering the pain still makes me shudder.

Your poor DD :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards