Preemies

This has probably been asked before but...

Could someone explain the "adjusted age" to me please? I am new here and have heard about it but I am not sure exactly what I should be looking for. Will DD will crawling/walking. or hitting other milestones later? Should I say she is 5 months instead of 6 months because she was born 4 wks early? I am so confused....any advice is appreciated. TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: This has probably been asked before but...

• You need to take the date your baby was born and subtract the difference between that day and the day your LO should have been born. For example, my DSs EDD was September 11,but he was delivered August 4th. The difference is about 6weeks. So, by birth, he is ten and a half months old, but I subtract 6 weeks so he should only be 9 months. When looking at development, I only expect him to do things a 9 month old would. That is his adjusted age...
    BabyFruit Ticker image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageJeepersWife:
    You need to take the date your baby was born and subtract the difference between that day and the day your LO should have been born. For example, my DSs EDD was September 11,but he was delivered August 4th. The difference is about 6weeks. So, by birth, he is ten and a half months old, but I subtract 6 weeks so he should only be 9 months. When looking at development, I only expect him to do things a 9 month old would. That is his adjusted age...

Thank you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"