Georgia Babies
Options

Ugh, please tell me you did this.

I am leaving Jackson all day tomorrow with my mom. From noon till about 1 am. Dh and I are having a date in Athens. I am really excited but I don't know. I think I'm having anxiety about leaving him. I know he'll be fine. My mom is awesome with him. But, ugh. Am I just silly. I didn't know it would hit me like this. Anyone else. 1st time you left the 1st born, did you freak a little. I have done this to myself not being away from him longer than 5-6 hrs I'm sure. We just do everything with him. Were not really "go out" people. Except to dinner with friends and they all have kids.?

How old was DC when you left them for the first time?

I need some mommy dust I guess. lol. ?

I am excited about the game, dinner and concert tomorrow.Even though it might not seem like it. ? :)?

Re: Ugh, please tell me you did this.

• Options
    Don't worry, you're not silly, you're a mommy. We've left Abigail with either my parents or my inlaws since she was 2 weeks old. Never for more than a couple of hours, and I still have anxieties. Have fun tomorrow with you husband. It will be worth it.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You are not being silly in the least. It's hard to leave them for the first time. Dh and I left Colin at 2 mo with my mom and dad in NJ and went out to the Hamptons over night for a wedding. I missed Colin and was itching to get home the next day but it was awesome to have a night away and feel like an adult again and not just a mommy. I left him again overnight with my cousin when we clebrated our anniversary in October. You will enjoy your time away and be happy to return. Have fun!?
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Totally normal the first few times and even a little now.  We left Gavin with my mom overnight when he was about 12 weeks old and went to Disneyworld for a night... As soon as we landed in FL, I tried to pull DH back onto another plane home.  I was nervous and antsy the whole time and just couldn't relax.  Now, I still miss him, but I can at least enjoy myself.  It does get better, but you have to keep practicing!

• Options
    Ra, since Geneva's still attached to the boob, I haven't been able to leave her anywhere. I'm dreading it, but I know I'm going to have to do it sooner or later. You're 5 steps ahead of me (and I'm totally jealous you get to spend the day in Athens). :)
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    its completely normal to have anxiety about it, even if you know your baby is going to be well taken care off. The first time I left hunter for more than a few hours was when i went to florida for the weekend and that was really hard but it was nice to get out and have a break and enjoy being with my DH without the worries of taking care of Hunter. Enjoy your time together.
    Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
  • Options
    I must be a real loser. I have only left Conner once and it was with DH. I was a nervous wreck. I knew he'd be fine but I was still nervous...and it was for only like 20 minutes. *hangs head in shame*
  • Options
    It is SO hard to leave them! I went back to work two weeks ago and cried just thinking about leaving her with my MIL. I had never left her with anyone since she came home from the NICU, except for an emergency ob visit where I left her with my mom for 2 hours. Other than that, I had been by her side 24/7. Although it was hard leaving her, I was kept so busy at work that I didn't have too much time to miss her. It just made it extra special to come home to her. I think it's great that you are going out with your husband and know you'll have a great time if you can concentrate on that :)
    ~Tiffanie~
  • Options

mrs ross, you are not a loser, your baby is only a month old!! 

Anyway, it's still hard for me to leave my boys, even Jack at 21 months.  But it's worth it, I really do need small breaks to feel normal and happy.  I won't be leaving Ethan for quite a while since we are breastfeeding (not really worth it to me when I know he hates the bottle and I'd have to pump anyway...).  I didn't leave Jack for more than dinner and a movie till he was 11 months old!

Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Options
    imageUGAbride:

mrs ross, you are not a loser, your baby is only a month old!! 

Anyway, it's still hard for me to leave my boys, even Jack at 21 months.  But it's worth it, I really do need small breaks to feel normal and happy.  I won't be leaving Ethan for quite a while since we are breastfeeding (not really worth it to me when I know he hates the bottle and I'd have to pump anyway...).  I didn't leave Jack for more than dinner and a movie till he was 11 months old!

that's another reason I don't want to leave him. I hate pumping. He'll take a bottle though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"