North Carolina Babies

Prayers Please

We went to the doctor today and had an ultrasound. I am suppose to be 7 weeks and 2 days. The gestional sac measured at 5 weeks and everything looked like it should at 5 weeks. The ultrasound tech sounded postive about it thinking I just o'd late and I really am only 5 weeks. The PA on the other hand did not seem as positive. The worst part about it is that I have to wait 10 days before I can go back for another ultrasound. This will be the longest wait of my life. Does anyone have a similar story they can share and will tell me how it turned out?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Prayers Please

• I dont know how to calculate if this would make a difference but I just looked at my calendar and my last 2 cycles were 37 days and 39 days not 28-30 like they calculate on.
  • I am sorry you are dealing with this and have to wait. I know from having super long cycles (42 days or so) I never measured on their scheduled. Those initial ultrasounds I was always a week-10 days behind what they based on 28 day cycles. Did you explain to them you have long cycles? That was the first thing I said with both my kids at that initial u/s. I hope you get some good news. It is good that everything is measuring for 5w normally.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a similar story - you can scroll down to my post titled prayers please as well.  I ended up with blighted ovum and had a D&E last week.

HOWEVER - you could just have o'd late like your tech suggested.  I will certainly pray for you to have a great outcome at the dr next week and that you are supported this week while you wait.
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• I haven't gone through this situation, but I have long cycles, too. With both pregnancies, at my u/s I have been exactly 7 days behind where they calculated me using my LMP.

You'll be in my thoughts that everything turns out well. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Lots of positive thoughts that all is well!
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No experience, but sending vibes that everything turns out ok!!!

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

• Lots of good thoughts headed your way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Still thinking of you.  HUGS.
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Thank you, the wait is so hard. I feel like I am constantly trying to analyze what I feel. One moment I will like everything is ok and the next I am crying and knowing its over. I fee like I cant move on with lift till after the u/s on Friday
  • Update us and let us know, I hope it went well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Actually, I have an almost identical story! Hopefully everything has been sorted out for you now and all is fine, but I went in and was supposed to be about 6 1/2 to 7 weeks and was only 5 1/2! The baby's heart had just started beating a day or two prior to my appt. They kept asking me if I was wrong on the date of my last period, but I mean, it was the day after Christmas. Who forgets that?? I'm now 25 weeks and STILL a week or more behind what I'm "supposed" to be. And baby is doing fantastic! Sometimes our bodies just take things at different paces. And I'm so sorry the PA wasn't positive! This happens more than often than people think, and I'm praying everything really is fine for you!
    image"Lilypie">Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"