April 2011 Moms

Since April 2011 seems to have baby fever... Baby Names!

I'm a baby names geek. I post on the BNB regularly. So, April 2011, since a lot of us (not me) have baby fever or are pregnant, if you had a baby today, what would you name him or her?

Girl- Audrey was our 2nd choice last time, and it's still up there on my list, but I am currently in love with the name Miriam. Traditional middle name would be Irene. Guilty Pleasure middle name would be Juliet.

Boy- Duncan. It's my Dad's name, and I have always wanted to be able to use it on a baby boy. Middle name would be my husband's middle name, which is a family name. I don't love it, but it means a LOT to him, so it's an easy compromise. 

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

Re: Since April 2011 seems to have baby fever... Baby Names!

• Boy-Caleb John (I'd have to sell DH on Caleb)

Girl-Teegan (Not sure what for a middle name)

• For a girl, I am in love with Lucia and Camilla.  DH doesn't like any of them.  So i don't know. If we have a boy we will most likely name him Robert Carlos. Our dad's names and DH's name.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • For a girl, I love Violet Elizabeth. Dh has been pushing for a Nora ;)

For a boy, we like Caleb Lewis (Lewis after my brother who passed away) and calling him Cal

• kje120kje120 member

Considering Andrew wasn't named until he was about 36 hours old I doubt we'll have names ahead of time  ;)

For a girl I love Genevieve (after my grandmother) and I like it with Elizabeth for a middle name, but I HATE DH's crazy-ass cousin named Elizabeth so that would make me not want to use it.

I have no idea for a boy - we had such a hard time coming up with the munchkin's name that I think another boy name would be even harder. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • LoCarbLoCarb member

Boy: Maximilian (Max)

Girl: Bridgett (assuming I get to name her b/c H vetoed this name last time around)

• The only names DH and I agree on are

Boy: Ryan William (William after my brother and grandfather)

Girl: Lauren Josephine or Josephine Kerin (Josephine is DHs grandmother and Kerin is my sister)

If I could just name them myself it would be Brennan William (or maybe Charles William) and Margaret Kerin.

• imagelylahlove:

For a girl, I love Violet Elizabeth. Dh has been pushing for a Nora ;)

For a boy, we like Caleb Lewis (Lewis after my brother who passed away) and calling him Cal

You and your husband both have great taste in names, but I'm going to have to give YH a slight edge. Stick out tongue

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Girl- I love Brynn Elizabeth, but I don't think it will make it past my BF. A guilty pleasure if mine is Marnie, but it would not go with my BF's last name :( Ella is about the only name on my list he liked (it is a family name) but, there are others I like more! 

Boy- Wyatt is at the top of my list and so is Henry. I have no idea what the middle name would be. I would love to find a first name that flowed well with Merrill as the middle name and my BF's last name.

Oh well, I have plenty of time b/c I am no where near being pregnant!  

photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • im not pregnant nor are we ttc until january but i looooove this game :)    without a doubt, my boy name is Wyatt. the mn would probably be James (family name but i hate it for personal reasons.... open to suggestions!!) For a girl the front runner is Evelyn Rae. Other options i love are Camille and Colette but the latter rhymes with our last name and i refuse to do that to my kid :)
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • i love henry, but so many people around us have already used this so we sadly can't use this.  dh was dead set on ds#1 name, but we are stumped for ds#2 right now :(  declan and sawyer are the only two we can agree on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    | Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • Girl -- Yarrow Eve

Boy -- I have no idea.

If you guys haven't watched Freakonomics yet, it's available on Netflix streaming, and there's an interesting segment on baby names.

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• AMB11AMB11 member

I will preface this with the fact that I am obsessed with baby names and think about them all the time so these are my names at the moment 

DS#3 would most likely be Benjamin Reid.  The only significance with this name is that Reid is a name that we both love and considered for both of our sons but never made the cut.  I also really like Trevor.  DH and I are pretty much on the same page with boys names.

For a girl I love Gwen Sophia or Gretchen Sophia.  Sophia is for my grandma.  There are many other girls' names I love but unfortunately, DH is not a fan.  I wonder if we'll ever have a chance to use any of these....sigh. 

Big Boy N - 2009
    Little Man Z - 2011
    Baby Girl E - 2013

• This is going to be hard for us... but if I had my way: Girl would be Claire (no idea on a middle name) and boy would be Shane Derek. Of course it is not entirely up to me so this should be an interesting conversation when we have it... after the anatomy scan on 7/20!
  • imagethepriceisright:
    imageGrace0609:

Girl - Eleanor Kate (been waiting 3 years to use that name)

Boy- today?  Joshua James.  We are having the hardest time coming up with a 3rd boy name.  The MN needs to be James, so, although I don't really like most alliteration w/ first and mn's, I can't find another boy name I like.  DH recently changed his mind about the name I always thought we were going to use : (... Luke, and it kinda broke my heart.  But, I am trying to make the best of it and trying to think of another boy name.

I LOVE Eleanor Kate :)

I also love Luke. DH nixed that one for me as well. I say fight for it!

My Nora is Elinor Catherine. :)

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"