Austin Babies
Options

How to treat a cold?

Avery has a little cold (or maybe it's just a runny nose).  And last night she kept waking up - stopped up.  I have a cool-mist humidifier running in her room and I have been suctioning her nostrils and (trying) to give her saline drops.  What else can I do?  How long should this last?  Any tips on getting the drops in her nose?

This has been one heck of a week!

Re: How to treat a cold?

• Options
    If you are still bf'ing you can squirt bmilk up there. Our pedi said it's perfect to go up there. otherwise, I'd wait till she's sleepy or just ate and is more cooperative and then try the drops.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The only other thing I can think of is to prop one end of her mattress up so she's inclined.  We used a couple of towels and got her head up enough to help with drainage but not so much that she would slide down.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD just got over her first cold.  We did all the things you are already doing in addition to applying Vicks Baby Rub on her chest, back, and feet each night.  Elevating the crib only really works if your DD usually sleeps the same way each night.  You don't really want her flipping around to where her feet are higher than her head - totally defeats the purpose!  We wanted to elevate DD's crib but DD doesn't stay in the same position all night.  Hope Avery feels better soon!  Poor thing...what a rough week!  (And I can't imagine how hard it's been on y'all!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"