Baby Showers
Options

Baby shower during 2nd trimester?

Do you think end of 2nd trimester (around 25 weeks) is too early to have a baby shower?

My friend has graciously offered to throw me a shower, and we are trying to work out timing based on people's schedules.  So far end of 2nd trimester is best option but don't know if it's considered too early.

Would appreciate any input.  Thanks! 

Re: Baby shower during 2nd trimester?

• Options

I have seen it when the mother is out of town and is flying into her shower (like if all family and many friends are in 1 place and they live somewhere else) as many people prefer flying while still in the 2nd tri. 

25 weeks would be a touch early.. most of these I have seen are 27 weeks (or very early 3rd trimester-- like 28-30 weeks).  

If you live in the same town as the host, I would find it a little odd, but it is not offensive or anything, so I would not worry too much about it.   Personaly if I was in the same town, I would wait until at least 29/30 weeks, but that is just me.   Most people like you to look really pregnant so they can oh and ah:)   But again, that is just my perspective and I don't think it is a really big deal either way or an ettiqute thing (at least not that I know of). 

• Options

My Baby Shower is probaly going to be during my 28th week.  Schedules conflict and there's just too much going on (a 13 yr old in football every Saturday, 9 yr old in cheer every Saturday, etc.).  Plus, I remember with my previous pregnancies being incredibly uncomfortable once I hit 30-32 weeks.  I want to be able to enjoy my Shower and still socialize with everyone without being irritable and uncomfortable and grouchy.

If a certain week works best for most people you would be inviting, then go with it.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MiahTMiahT member
    I worried that my showers would be too early (25 weeks), but due to the schedules of both sets of hosts and most of the guests and the fact that I'll be flying in since they're several states away from where I currently live, it was much easier on everyone else to have the showers early (and on the same weekend - one family and one friend shower).  The next best dates that would have worked would have been past the time my OB was comfortable with me flying so it was 25 weeks or not at all.  It did mean I have to start working on a registry a bit sooner than I'd originally planned since my mom is already asking about where we're registered and what we'll need, but that's not a bad thing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'll be just shy of 27 weeks at mine.  My mother planned it for when my sister would be here from out of town so that she could attend since she won't be here when LO is born.

Honestly I'm glad for the distraction right now, still feel good, and will have plenty of time to organize and make returns/exchanges and get the other things I need.

Keep growing preemie ballerina! Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options

I don't think it's too early, especially if it works with everyone's schedule...I assume these are the people that will attend, so there shouldn't be anyone who would object.

Have fun and enjoy this journey...don't let anyone's traditional standards ruin this. Folks are flexible and will understand.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageLauraT25:

I'm having one this weekend, when I will only be 23 weeks pregnant, because it's really the only time that works for everyone.

I don't know about OP, but I am definitely showing, so I don't think people will be disappointed about that.  

I had one at 23 weeks with family, but mainly due to my cousins wedding next weekend and her events leading up to it in May. I think OP is fine! 

• Options

I flew out to see my family in MO an they threw me a small surprise shower. That was just last week at 24wks.

If it works best for people's schedules I dont see why not. But then again I don't have to much experience with showers. It I knew you an you asked me to come I don't think it would bother me how far along you were. As a guest I wouldn't give you the stink eye! 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am having my baby shower at 27 weeks.  I live 7 hours away from my family. My husband is away working and won't be back until a couple weeks before I am due.  For us it just didn't work for them to throw my shower in my 8th month. 
  • Options
    with DD I had one at 26 weeks, it was the only time my mom could be in town( at the time she was livnig in the south) so we had it then. Honestly it was very comfortable since I had one at 32/33 weeks with H's family and I was starting to get uncomfortable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I think that works just fine!

• Options
    I had mine right around that time.  Somewhere between 25-28 weeks.  (Sorry, I am too lazy to pull out the calendar and look it up.)  It was out of town, in the winter, and in an area that gets a lot of snow.  We scheduled it early to be safe.  (Also, being vain, I really didn't want to be huge and bloated at my shower.)  I am glad that we planned it a little early though because I had the baby a month early and I still had time to go out and purchase the items that I didn't get before the baby came.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't like going to a shower and the mom doesn't look very prego. Its just seems unreal if they don't look like there is a baby about ready to pop out to get to use the gifts on
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Scarlet Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think if you feel that is the best option you should go with it. I think its pretty early but no too early.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"