South Jersey Babies

Kennedy University Hospital Washington Twp/Dr. Azieb Lofton

My husband and I are currently trying to conceive. My current OB/Gyn is Dr. Azieb Lofton in Swedesboro, NJ. She has been fine for my yearly check-ups but has anyone gone through a pregnancy with her? Did you have a good experience? It is a little bit of a concern to me that she is the only doctor in the practice.

Also, Dr. Lofton is affiliated with Kennedy University Hospital in Washington Twp. I have heard mixed reviews about the hospital and I was wondering if anyone had any positive or negative experiences there.

I would really appreciate any feedback you may have.

Thank you!

Re: Kennedy University Hospital Washington Twp/Dr. Azieb Lofton

• hi-i've never heard of your doctor, but i was going to reply about my experiences with kennedy.

i've delivered my dds at newcomb in vineland and south jersey regional.  i was fully planning on delivering any other children at elmer hospital (also south jersey regional).  

however, i experienced two stillbirths, and have been under the care of Dr. Davis, a mfm dr.  i had both of my "deliveries" at kennedy--a hospital i had no prior connection with.  and because of their care, and thoughtfulness, and thoroughness, i wouldn't consider delivering any where else.  i found their staff to be competent, and honest.  granted, when i had to go to labor and delivery, it wasn't under the happiest of circumstances, and my procedures were done in same day surgery.  but i have no doubt that i hope one day to be wheeled out of there with our baby!

good luck! 

image Robbie's Blog
    DD #1 born 10/21/03

DD #2 born 2/8/06

DS no hb 11/17/10 at 21w1d, d&e 11/24,demise due to fetal hydrops, from congestive heart failure, probably caused by structural malformation

Our Rango....BFP 2/6/11...hb on 2/23...perfectly healthy, but no hb on 6/9/11 d & e 6/15/2011
    Rango's Blog
  • So sorry to hear about your situation. I really appreciate your feedback on Kennedy though. I am so glad to hear some positive information about the hospital. I am starting to feel good about it now!

Good luck to you as well!

• Loading the player...
  • Dr Lofton was my doctor (still is). She delivered my daughter in 2011 and was amazing. I also delivered at Kennedy and LOVED it! The delivery room was brand new at the time and it was huge. I LOVED all my nurses and the overall experience was amazing. They took such great care of us. Feel free to bounce any questions off of me if you need to regarding Dr. Lofton or the hospital. I heard she moved offices again though, do you know where she moved to?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"