Boston Babies

Recommendation for OB who works with midwives at MAH or NWH?

Hi- I'm 5wks 3days pregnant ant looking for an OB who delivers at Mt. Auburn or Newton-Wellesley.  I would like to be cared for by an OB and a collaborating midwife as I would like a natural childbirth if at all possible, but have a somewhat complicated medical history that means I can't see a midwife alone.  Does anyone have an OB that delivers at MAH or NWH, takes time with you and works with midwives?  Thanks so much in advance!

Re: Recommendation for OB who works with midwives at MAH or NWH?

• There is a wonderful group called the Midwives at Mt. Auburn Hospital. I know that in the office I go to (Arlington), there is an OB, plus 4 midwives. I'm not sure how collaboratively they work. With my second, when I talked to the OB (different than the one there now) about how I wanted a natural childbirth, she recommended that I transfer care to the midwives. I would definitely call and inquire. It's a great group over there! https://mamah.org/contact.html
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went to the midwives at Harvard Vanguard in Wellesley, and delivered at NWH. I highly recommend both. I loved all the midwives I saw in the practice, and my experience at NWH was fabulous- I had a very smooth, unmedicated birth (of a 10 lb 6 oz baby I might add). There are OBs right there in the practice, and the midwives and OBs work together wonderfully. I personally didn't have any experience with the OBs, but I know it was an option. Good luck and congrats!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi -

I also had both my children at NWH and I used the midwives at Harvard Vanguard in Wellesley. The midwifery team was amazing!!! Mary Baker was my absolute favorite!! So nice and personable and really really listened to me. I only needed to meet with the ob a few times, but the ob was awesome too! Best of luck!!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"