Maryland Babies

Going to buy a thermometer!

Any recs???  Sounds like the best plan is to take the old temperature! 
image DD#1-Lillian (Lilly) Grace BabyFruit Ticker BLOG:http://lifeasweknowitkelly.blogspot.com/

Re: Going to buy a thermometer!

• Your main thing is to get a basal thermometer:

https://www.amazon.com/BD-524560-Digital-Basal-Thermometer/dp/B0000533AY

But any really work, just make sure you use the SAME one throughout your cycle so that you don't get incorrect readings by switching up.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Definitely get a BBT, not a regular digital. I've used and liked ones from Target and Walmart.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm with Sarah - the target and Walmart ones work just fine. It's recommended to get a basal body thermometer if you can. I've been temping and charting since pre-DD #1 and it's always worked well for us. I like it because I have a better feel for my body and cycles. I also have long cycles and with DD 1, I knew that I didn't ovulate until day 28 (no, my cycles aren't normally THAT long) and so when the doc tried to give me a due date that would've been two weeks early, I knew better and requested an ultrasound to date the pregnancy, which confirmed exactly what I thought and not what the doctors little wheel told her. 

Its nice to take a break from charting while being pg, but I know I will go back to it. It's really quite simple once you start doing it. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I also used the BBT from Target and it worked great.  I'm just the opposite of Megcheer and I have really short cycles (23-25 days) so it was really helpful to know when to try and when to avoid based on my cycle and not the textbook 28 day cycle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"