Special Needs
Options

Question about LISS funding

The speech program that we have put DS is private pay and does not accept insurance. However, we have out of network benefits at 50%. I have been told by the insurance company that if we file a claim, they will reimburse us. My question is, how can I file a claim for his therapy with the insurance company if LISS supplies funding for the entire amount to his therapy? Do I pay for it up front and then only apply for half of the cost through LISS since I will get the other half reimbursed through the insurance? I'm not sure how to go about this.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question about LISS funding

• Options

if i'm reading it right it doesn't sound like you would be able to apply for a reimbursement since LISS outwardly paid the full amount for the therapy.  if there's anything beyond the 3k that LISS supplied and you paid out of pocket for that then there shouldn't be a problem submitting a claim to the insurance company.  BUT this might be tricky since the therapist does not accept any insurance. (at least from what i've had to do with my insurance company)

it blows my mind the number of therapists that do not accept any insurance! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"