North Carolina Babies

Speed

Hey!  I was wondering if you could tell me a good (preferably free) program to download to do simple photo editing.  The main thing I want to be able to do is remove redeye. 

Thanks for your help!

Re: Speed

• oh and are there any tricks to helping NOT get red eye when taking the pictures?  I use the red eye feature on my camera, but it doesn't seem to help a whole lot.

Thanks!

• I don't really know.  Shutterfly has some simple fixes that you can use on your pictures: cropping, red-eye removal, and I think you can even convert to B&W.  The only problem with that is that you have to order your pictures from there.

You might also look into Picasa.  I think you can do some simple editing with them.

As to how to prevent red eye in the first place - that kind of depends on the camera.  Red eye is more prominent in people with pale eyes anyway, which the girls are, right?

This is a googled explanation, that may give you a little insight but doesn't really tell you how to solve the problem:
    The red-eye in your images is caused by light reflecting off the retina, which is a fine network of nerves in the back of the eye, an area rich in blood. Although the retina is not normally visible, if the flash is on the same plane as the lens, the light bounces directly back into the lens and the retina becomes visible in the photo, causing red-eye. This has become more common with smaller compact digital cameras where the flash is very close to the lens. Have you ever noticed that a professional photographer's flash is mounted high on the camera? Sometimes a pro will even take it off the camera.

If you can't find any place to do simple editing, you can send them to me and I can fix them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"