January 2012 Moms
Options

I'm done - no more pumping :(

I originally wanted to stick it out until the 21st when DD turned 5 months. But last Friday morning I pumped at work and I had to crank the pump so high to get anything out to the point of pain... So I decided not to pump for the rest of the day and if there was any sign of engorgement, pain etc I'd pump again and see where it goes. But nothing! I didn't pump since Friday morning and there is no engorgement, leaking or anything else. I cried yetsterday because I realized this was it... It hit me hard because it wasn't my decision but my body's...

I know I did OK and was able to do this for 4.5 months, exclusively BFing for 3 and I gave it my best.

But man what a battle between body, mind, emotions, hormones... AAHHHHH

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I'm done - no more pumping :(

• Options
    raefreraefre member

/hugs  You did a great job.

• Options
    imageraefre:

/hugs  You did a great job.

Thanks raefre!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're going through this.  I have been experiencing a decline in my milk production as well lately.  We've been supplementing since about three months.  What I'm trying to say is, I feel your pain.  
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    So sorry. You did great. Hang in there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had to start supplementing at 6 weeks because dd wasn't gaining enough, but I continued to pump as much as I could until I returned to work a couple weeks ago. Even though she was already on mostly formula, it still took me a long time to get over not breastfeeding anymore, even though I knew I couldn't with my job, and that dd had gotten a pretty decent start to life. I almost ran myself into the ground trying to keep it up, though, the denial sucked. Then, I crunched the numbers. The time I was spending pumping during her waking ours totaled up to over 3 hours per day! Those were 3 more hours I could spend playing with her, or getting rest for me!

You did so good, though! Try not to get down on yourself, all that matters is a well-fed baby and a happy mommy! 

Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    thank you ladies for your amazing support!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"