Special Needs

Rite of Passage

Today I spent my lunch trying to argue with our insurance company. Early intervention is NOT covered at all. Way to provide preventive treatment, employer. I am now on a campaign to get my very large corporation to change this.

Re: Rite of Passage

• The state doesn't cover EI at all?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • It is income based what is paid each month regardless of the number of therapies recieved.
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck, you'll need it. 

My DH also works for a very large, national corporation and because they have a self-insured plan, they are able to sidestep CO's state law requiring coverage for autism. They specifically exclude autism as a covered dx, and we have no other options for employer insurance (all other plans were phased out). Private plans are not required to cover therapies, either, and we haven't found one that does. 

DH has written letters to HR and gone up the chain of command at his location complaining about it, but at best he's just gotten a recognition of, "oooo, sorry, that sucks."  

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Will your insurance cover any of the therapies if you get them elsewhere... like say a children's hospital? or is there an alternate coding you can use so that its not considered "preventative". IME hospitals seem to be the best about taking a variety of insurances. I'm so sorry you're going through this. It truly sucks.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"