2nd Trimester

Where can I get the most amount of clothes for the least amount of money?

I need to go maternity shopping. I am in need of nursing bras, pants and some shirts. Where can I go (besides resale shops) to get the most amount of clothes for my money? I was thinking between Kohl's and Motherhood Maternity, but I am open to any ideas that you ladies might have.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Where can I get the most amount of clothes for the least amount of money?

• I haven't had to buy any clothes yet, but the bras at Motherhood seemed reasonably priced to me.  I bought 2 bras there not too long after I took the test because my boobs seemed to have exploded immediately.  I was able to get them for $19 each, which seems pretty decent to me.  They seem to be holding up really well too and are comfortable.
  • Walmart.com (exclusively the website) has a maternity section. Cheap, cute stuff!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Our Kohl's has a seriously meager selection of maternity clothes, and was pricey. (Like, a minimum of $50 for a very simple dress.) 

I preferred MM, especially since they have petite jeans.  

• I'd try Target over Kohls for clothing, and MM is probably your best bet for inexpensive bras. I don't love theirs though, so I ended up biting the bullet and buying good ones in a bigger size at a regular lingerie store.

• KadyraKadyra member
    MM has some really great online sales.  I got 9 items for about $150.  My bras, I get bigger sizes at Target.  For nursing, I splurge and get the Bravado ones.  So comfy!  I shop at Target a lot for clothes too. I was disappointed about Old Navy's selection, but got a cute skirt on sale. 
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I'd probably look at Old Navy or Target.  Motherhood maternity tends to be a little more expensive if you can't find sale items you like.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks for the tips guys...Sounds like Kohl's is a bad idea... I wonder if they have a motherhood outlet near me?? I will have to look on their website.
  • mo1012mo1012 member
    I shop at Maternity Motherhood especially for bras, but I'm a 34F at this point so it's hard for me to get regular bras in that size. They always have good sales, right now the bras are buy 3 get 1 free. I also shop Target and Old Navy. Target has a bigger selection then the Old Navy in my area, and also the prices are cheaper.
  • I shopped for maternity clothes 2 weeks ago.  I think I went to 30 stores in a 3 day period.  It was a very frsustrating adventure.  Here are my impressions:

Motherhood Maternity was a little more expensive than I would have liked, but by far had the best selection.  I started there and ended up back there because I could not find what I wanted elsewhere.  If you want to save yourself time and hassle, just go there.  They have great work clothes and good casual clothes.  I think they're running a buy 3 get 1 free shirt sale right now.

Macy's, Dillards, and Sears had maternity sections, but the clothes were from Motherhood Maternity.  They had mostly the same clothes the Motherhood Maternity stores offered, but they had a few different things.  The prices looked about the same as Motherhood Maternity, maybe a tiny bit cheaper.  They were running a buy 3 maternity items get 1 free sale then.  Not sure if it's still going.

Gap had a small selection, but it was good stuff.  I especially liked their work clothes.  I would go back there.

Old Navy also had a small selection, but it was good stuff.  I liked their casual clothes and would go back there again, too.

I tried 2 different Ross stores.  I had no luck at one and some luck at the other.  It's hit or miss, but the prices are great.

Burlington Coat Factory had a decent size maternity section, but I didn't find much I liked.  I think it's pretty hit or miss.  They, too, have good prices.

WalMart does not carry maternity clothes in store.  Neither does Marshalls.

I tried two different Kohls stores.  They had nothing.  Their maternity sections were tiny and very over priced.  I think they were charging $30+ for a t-shirt.  I would not go back.

JCPenney had a tiny maternity section that was also way over priced. I would not go back.

Good luck!

• Oh, I also tried 2 or 3 different Target stores.  At least in Arizona, their maternity section is shrinking by the day.  The selection was tiny, the prices were ridiculous, andI found nothing worth buying there.
  • You were all over town, weren't you? Thanks, that was very helpful. I think I will just head straight over to MM unless I can find an outlet near me. 
  • LOL.  Yes, I was.  I live in a rural area so I made the trip to the big city and was determined to get everything in one weekend.  Ended up with almost all the maternity clothes I need, a crib & dresser, and a rocker/recliner.  It was exhausting though.
  • Not sure if anyone mentioned Old Navy but I'm a big fan of their maternity line!

Cooper Edward

• samk213samk213 member

Pants I bought at Motherhood and well as a couple blouses/shirts all on the clearance rack.  I got some shorts from Kohls on sale and with a 30% coupon and Kohls cash so it was worth it.

Honestly, most of my stuff lately I've been getting in the non-maternity sections at Ross, TJMaxx and the like.  I've been getting all kinds of dresses that are just empire waist in a larger size, maxis and shorter dresses.  I can also find tops that are blousy peasant style too in regular sizes.

• Old Navy is a good choice. I don't like their regular clothes, but I have been fond of their maternity stuff!

Also, last pregnancy I bought a large "lot" of maternity clothes on Ebay. It was a mix of new with tags and gently used clothing. I don't remember exactly how much I paid.. but it was not a lot per piece. There was about 12-13 pieces that didn't fit me quite right or I didn't like, that I turned around and resold on Ebay as a smaller lot,. I actually got a pretty decent amount for it, and it actually decreased the overall price per piece that I had paid.

**edit**... just an example of a lot: https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-MATERNITY-Clothes-Lot-SMALL-S-4-6-NEW-EUC-/251071425011?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7505e9f3

This was actually the same lady I bought from before. But, I know there are a lot of "lots" out there on Ebay. 

• JCpenny...has some cute things online but i like to check them out in stores. Probably this weekend. Also like PP Kohls has a tiny section of maternity and $50+ for a pair of jeans! Um no. not even worth it with coupon. Also Motherhood is having a sale this weekend or until the 2nd, i received an email about it.
  • I have a few t-shirts from MM, and after washing them (gentle mode) and hang-drying, they are very mis-shapen...the right side is about 2 inches longer than the left on both! And it's not because I'm lopsided - my ON and Target tops don't have that problem! :)  I do have a pair of jeans from MM that I like so far (only had them for a week and a half). I think I prefer my ON jeans, though.  I haven't bought nursing bras yet because you may or may not grow another size after birth and I don't want to end up buying more then:/  I know some people like to get them now, though.  GL!
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I've gotten the best deals on clothing at Old Navy online.  They have sales frequently, so I would just watch for a sale.  Kohls sells Motherhood Maternity clothing and all of their shirts are $40 full price (seems a tad ridiculous to me).  My sister got a bunch of nursing bras at Target for really cheap (they were on sale).  Target also has awesome nursing camis.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • Target's selection seems limited, and in store so is Old Navy, BUT Old Navy online has TONS of maternity clothes. 99% of my maternity wardrobe is from their. The sized run the same (medium before, medium maternity), and the prices are great. All dresses on sale right now :)

• I've been shopping at both places, but I actually think Motherhood Maternity is a better bet. There's more selection, they usually have some sort of sale ( I got bras when they had the buy three get one free and tops when they also had the buy three get one free) and they also send out coupons which do help and they especially have more selection for maternity clearance than does kohls. I think I've bought my swimsuit there which was more than I wanted to spend and two cotton dresses that were 60 there, but  I think the clothes are cuter at Motherhood and they seem to have more sales there and more selection making it the better place to shop.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• mlangsmlangs member
    I got several cute things at Burlington Coat factory, my capri's were $10 each. My Kohl's always has clearance sales and the maternity is usually well priced there, of course I buy almost nothing full price at Kohls... always wait for a sale or clearance!
  • I ended up going to MM, and let me just say that the sales were hot today. If you are in the market for bras, I would go. It was the buy 3 get the 4th for free, and they were cheap bras to begin with. 

Thanks for the advice everyone!  

• I've found my cutest maternity clothes at consignment stores/Value Village.  Seriously, I think someone my size with my exact taste took all their maternity clothes to VV right before I went there.  Worth a try?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Natural miscarriage @ 5w2d 5/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Burlington Coat factory - WAY cheap!
  • rakle99rakle99 member
    I went to JC Penney this weekend and found a 'best price' rack (their equivalent of clearence) and got two shirts and a pair of pants for $20. I also got two tank tops for $10 each at Kohls this weekend. I bought some bras at Walmart, they actually have really cute maternity bras.
    imageimageimage"Image">image
  • imageMegroons:
    Not sure if anyone mentioned Old Navy but I'm a big fan of their maternity line!

This! I am also finding a lot at old navy. I even found non maternity skirts that fit :)

Kohls & Target have a very small selection 

• Motherhood Maternity is currently offering 30% off clearance!
  • I actually find kohls to be the best choice where I'm at. Stuff is just about always on sale and they tend to email me 15 or 20% off coupons almost weekly

Last time around I got quite a few things at JCP but I think their stuff is now more expensive since their whole pricing makeover 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DH asked me if my pregnancy was being sponsored by Old Navy, lol.  I love their maternity stuff. Although I only have one pair of their maternity jeans (below the belly panel) because it is just too hot to be wearing jeans all the time.  I have some skirts, dresses, leggings and a pair of linen capris that are really comfy.  
  • I have found the best deals online at Walmart.  They've got some cute clothes and they're cheap.  Gap, Old Navy, and Motherhood all have sales here and there.  I found a short sleeve sweater cover up at Kohl's for 90% off.  There are deals everywhere, just look around!
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"