Snarky and T-TTC

I'll update here too

MH and I went yesterday to talk with our RE about next steps. I'll try and use the Cliff Notes version.

*He said he'd be comfortable with us doing 1 more round of injects/IUI with 15-20% success

*He mentioned a lap again, but said that is kind of an "outlier" option for him

*He went over reasons we aren't KU yet and talked about donor sperm/eggs

*He said my success rate would be 50-60%, but that one "slightly high test" knocks me down to 40-50% but he'd lean more towards 50%

*I qualify for the Shared Risk Program, which I'm SHOCKED about since I had that 1 "slightly high" FSH test in December.

*I'd be on a Lupron protocol and start meds in mid/late August with an ER on/around Oct 14th. (They work Saturday/Sunday for IVF, I asked Stick out tongue)

*My meds dose, as he predicts now, would be on the low end. 75IU Follistim and 75-125 of Menopur. Endometrin after transfer, but said 50% of people would need PIO

* RE said a 6 day transfer is the goal (5 if needed) and hardly ever does 3dts

So, now our big decision is to decide to do shared risk or not. Sharked Risk is $21K (plus meds). If I don't get pregnant, have a miscarriage, stillbirth, or baby doesn't live 72 hours, we get $18K of the $21K back. We can do this 3 times. So potentially we could "only" be out about $9K plus meds for 3 IVF cycles. Of course, if we get pregnant on cycle 1, we waaaay overpaid, but that security is nice. Each per cycle price is $11K plus meds.

Either way, August- October cycling here we come!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'll update here too

• LTF525LTF525 member
    So exciting. No advice in the shared risk vs per cycle, it's such a hard choice! I feel like so many things can go wrong between egg meeting sperm and your take home baby that some extra insurance is a good thing. But on the other hand that's a lot of money!! GL making that decision. 
    2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Yay for having a plan, so exciting!  That is a tough call as far as the shared risk program goes.  I've always been one to do things. "just in case", so I probably would do it to have that security.  I wish you and your H much luck in your cycle and your decision!!
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad you have a plan! Good luck with your decision. Your cycling date will be here before you know it!
    imageimage

After 22 cycles and tube removal our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in bio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Good luck with everything!
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Best of luck!
  • That's great news!  Best of luck, my dear!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"