Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Need Nursery Wall Color Suggestions!

I need opinons on wall colors!  We are having boy/girl twins (links to the bedding sets are included below).  I am thinking of painting the lower portion of the walls a REALLY REALLY light pink (like the girl bedding) and the top portion of the walls with a green (like in the boy bedding).  Separating the two colors I want to paint a dark brown stripe.  Problem is that DH thinks it's too girly and doesn't think his boy should be around any sort of pink!!   I think it's okay since it's boy/girl twins and they are sharing a room.  Any thoughts?  Do you think it's okay for a boy to be in a partially pink room?  Any other color ideas?

Boy - https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3123727

Girl - https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2870718

Re: Need Nursery Wall Color Suggestions!

• Options
    I hate to say it, but I'm with your DH on this one.  Pink and green is pretty girly.  You could do a brown bottom and a green top and then have pink accessories/wall art near your girl's crib.
  • Options
    I probably wouldn't do pink and green, but if you did brown on the walls, you could do blue on your boys side, and pink on your girls side. If your DH doesn't want any pink paint, you could do brown and green, and then some blue decals for your boy, & pink for your girl on their respective sides.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You could paint the walls tan and put the wall decals/accessories near their bed.
  • Options
    sorry, im with Dh too. pink and green is girly, my nieces room is that color scheme. It is really cute, but girly. GL!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I agree... pink walls are girly no matter the shade... keep it to the accessories and bedding on her side.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

i would go neutral walls, thick brown stripe with multi-pastel polka dots of various sizes... green, blue, pink, orange, purple, yellow... your dd will live in the room too!

pink accents yes, pink wall, no.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think green and brown or green and white would look better, but it won't scar your little boy for life to have half pink walls in his room.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would go with a neutral wall color.
  • Options
    Neutral wall color, then thick stripe of choco brown in the middle, add a smaller stripe of pink and smaller stripe of green above/below the brown if you really want the pink in there somehow.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I agree that it would be better to stick with a neutral wall color, a tan color would match.

I also wanted to say that I love your bedding choices...I think they will go really well together and the room will be super cute!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"