April 2012 Moms

NIP no cover PIP

There has been a lot of talk recently about NIP (I've just been browsing). I took these photos to share with a friend who is a bit apprehensive about NIP.

As I said in an earlier post I don't like using a cover, I get hot Ellie gets hot and I feel like it is awkward it makes it REALLY obvious your nursing. Not that I have a problem with NIP AT ALL, I just don't like to draw that attention to myself.

First I've been practicing nursing with a large receiving blanket, my favourite in this hot weather is the lightweight aiden and anais ones. (I got a great deal off of albeebaby). Here are two pics, one from the front and one looking down from my view. What I find really helps is I always wear a nursing tank under a regular top, I pull up the regular top and unlatch the nursing bra. My top helps to cover any skin. I tuck the blanket around Ellie's head which covers me a bit from the side, once she is latched I pull the blanket so I can see her face.

Here I am nursing in the ring sling, this went well. I have since also done it with her tummy to tummy instead of cradle. I wasn't hands free but I could be standing comfortably, I want to perfect this a bit more before our vacation next month. It was great since she nurses to sleep I just repositioned and tightened up the sling and she was comfy and had a good sleep. Someone suggested practicing in front of a mirror, which just shows how little you are actually exposed.

And here is is asleep after nursing

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NIP no cover PIP

• Go mama! I need to try nursing with the ring sling. So far I only put DD in the froggy tummy to tummy, cradle hold is my next to try so that we can nurse.
  • Thanks for the tips, you have done an awesome job! What about burping while in the sling or even NIP at all since I would think you still would have to pull her off for a minute? So far I have only nursed in ladies rooms that have a couch or a space other than the toilet stalls!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Beautiful!!!
  • imagesarabrn:
    Thanks for the tips, you have done an awesome job! What about burping while in the sling or even NIP at all since I would think you still would have to pull her off for a minute? So far I have only nursed in ladies rooms that have a couch or a space other than the toilet stalls!

burping isn't really an issue when not in the sling. I just pull my shirt down as she unlatches and sit her up to burp her. she's in front of me and I'm covered by my shirt. That extra shirt material on top is really helpful! You could also use the blanket to cover a bit if you didn't have the shirt to pull down.

In the cradle hold ring slign it was a bit trickier but we managed, I just pulled up up a bit (after pulling shirt down a bit) and patted until she burped. It was easier to burp in the upright tummy to tummy hold. I wasn't "practicing" being descrete at all then tho since it was dinner time and she was fussy and we were home!

• imageMrs.Teddy:

imagesarabrn:
    Thanks for the tips, you have done an awesome job! What about burping while in the sling or even NIP at all since I would think you still would have to pull her off for a minute? So far I have only nursed in ladies rooms that have a couch or a space other than the toilet stalls!

burping isn't really an issue when not in the sling. I just pull my shirt down as she unlatches and sit her up to burp her. she's in front of me and I'm covered by my shirt. That extra shirt material on top is really helpful! You could also use the blanket to cover a bit if you didn't have the shirt to pull down.

In the cradle hold ring slign it was a bit trickier but we managed, I just pulled up up a bit (after pulling shirt down a bit) and patted until she burped. It was easier to burp in the upright tummy to tummy hold. I wasn't "practicing" being descrete at all then tho since it was dinner time and she was fussy and we were home!

Thanks! I will try as you suggested and practice in front of a mirror :)

imageBabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • raynesraynes member

Those are great tips!  I very much want a ring sling.

Any tips for very well endowed mamas that need to keep the breast supported?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I BF my daughter the same way, with the two shirts, but I try to wear two shirts that are the same color.  I don't use a blanket tho. I actually managed to feed my daughter in front o fmy father in law without him even knowing that way.  He usually freaks out and runs from the room the second anyone says the baby might be hungry.  He had no idea until I passed her to my husband and asked himto burp her and he said "omg, I didn't even know you were feeding her".

With the two shirts being the same color, I lean back and place her tummy to me. That way it just looks like she is laying on me.

• Yes

I wish I could nurse in a sling/wrap.  the baby would have to be hanging down around my belly button or lower.  lol. 

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • I wish I could do that!  Madison is a very messy eater and gets milk everywhere.  Depending on the feed, sometimes she latches and unlatches frequently and just lets a mouthful of milk just dribble out.  Also, I would get milk everywhere when she pulls off when I'm spraying. 
  • Go you! I need to try to nurse with my ring sling!!
  • I really want to nurse with a ring sling! My dH just says, why don't you just use the Moby, but it is so hard. The Moby takes so long to figure out and put on. Has anyone had success nursing in a Moby? Or should I just get a ring sling? I usually NIP with my cover, but you're right, it's so hot and draws attention.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Awesome! I agree with not using a cover, I usually do it with just a receiving blanket and extra shirt on top of a nursing tank. I have nursed in my Moby also, it went really well, I'm sure no one at the park knew she was eating in there!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker

• You are a rockstar, I would have NEVER known your BF'ing just like like your holding the kiddo
    BabyName Ticker}
  • I nurse in my Beco Gemini and it's great! I can walk around and be mostly hands-free (sometimes I have to reposition the boob). These are great pics - and even without a blanket you probably wouldn't look "exposed."
  • Thanks ladies! I often need to support my breast/nipple (I'm currently a 38D so not small) and it can get messy I often have a nice wet spot on my nursing cami but luckily I have my regular to over it so its not a huge deal!

There is that moment before she latches and when she unlatches when its possible someone sees a bit of skin but I don't even think thats too likely!

• This is really great, I love the pics:)  I generally NIP without a cover for the same reasons you mentioned.. too hot and I get more flustered trying to arrange everything.  As per my post below, NIP is very common here and most ladies don't use covers so I'm "meh" about it.  Even the men don't seem to care much, esp. the husbands who already have kids of their own.  I'm all about not making people uncomfortable but if they can't see anything without a cover, then why stress!  As you've proven:))
  • This was going around facebook.... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"