Health & Exercise
Options

Yeast infections

Before I had my son I had never experienced a yeast infection before. My son is now 16 months old (delivered vaginally) and I am getting frequent yeast infections...approx once a month. I don't understand why they are occurring, I cleanse the same way I always have with non-irritating soap, I do not douche, I do not wear underwear to bed and wear cotton underwear during the day... I just don't get it. I breastfed until my son was 1 year old and I believe they started around that time. At first I was correlating them to my period but that is not always the case. For example, I am treating a yeast infection now which occurred around my ovulation time. Any one else have experience with this or any ideas on what could be causing them and/or what I can do about it? Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Yeast infections

• Options
    You may have a candidias overgrowth. Recurrent yeast infections can be a symptom of yeast overgrowth in your intestines. Yesat infections can also be caused by a hidden food allergy, usually the things you crave the most are the culprits. I currently am on a anti candida diet and it has helped my symptoms dramatically. You may want to research that and then check with your doctor for some stronger meds.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I did not know this until my DS started having recurring yeast rashes, and found it was my diapers.  Yeast can live quite comfortably on clothing, but are killed by bleach (some people say vinegar, but this can feed some yeast).  Anyway, make sure to bleach your undies, towels, sheets, etc.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"