May 2011 Moms
Options

How many bottles?

My daughter has been drinking five 8oz bottles a day for the last several weeks.  She used to be a really bad eater, but lately she can't get enough.  We had her one year appt last week and I forgot to ask how much milk she should be gettting now.  What is your LO drinking?  Is there a reliable site I should check or just call one of the office nurses next weekl?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How many bottles?

• Options

40 ounces of milk a day is way too much to be giving at any age.  Is that WCM, formula, or breast milk?  

DD was getting about 28 ounces of formula a day until she was really established on solids and drinking WCM.  She now gets 3 sippy cups of about 5-6 ounces of WCM a day with meals.  She drinks water when she finishes her milk (if she's still thirsty) and in between meals.  

ETA: 16-24 ounces of dairy is the daily recommendation for a toddler.  That includes milk, yogurt, cheese, etc.   

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options
    I agree, that's a bit much. My pedi told us 18-30oz of WCM or BM per day for a toddler. If she eats any other dairy, then he told us to keep it closer to 18oz.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We'll do between 2-3 8oz bottles a day, depending on how much yogurt they eat. We're trying to eliminate the bottle, but sippy use is poor over here. They just refuse to drink anything but water out of them and very little water at that :(
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    MainStMainSt member
    DS son did really well with straw sippy cups (started at 5 months with water) and pretty much weaned himself off bottles.  By 8 months, he was down to 3 bottles/day (naps and bedtime) of about 6-7 oz. By 12 months, WCM in sippy before nap and still gets bottle at bed of WCM 6 oz.  We did BLW and he has always been a great eater, prefers food to milk.
    PCOS Clomid x 4 = BFN Met, Femara, Trigger x3 = BFP! EDD: May 18, 2011 Baby Boy born May 13, 2011 via emergency C section Our Friday the 13th miracle!
  • Options

My Dr. said 18-24oz, including other dairy.

Right now, I give two sippies of milk (6 oz) morning, afternoon, and 7 oz bottle at bedtime. He also gets a lot of yogurt and cheese. 

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD gets 12-16 oz of WCM per day and our pedi said at her 12 month well child that was great. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

LO gets 2 8oz bottles (working on that sippy cup) and I nurse in the evening once before bed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ElocinElocin member
    She gets 4 6oz bottles a day. One first thing in the morning, one before her morning nap, one before her afternoon nap and one before bed. She has a sippy cup with water available to her at all times at home and during meals/snacks at DC (bascially whenever she's in her high chair there). We're having a tough time transitioning to WCM, we tried a few weeks ago and she ended up throwing up several times so we went back to straight formula. And we were mixing the formula with WCM. We're doing 2% milk and then mix in the WCM once she's on a complete 2% bottle. I know we need to start putting the milk in the sippy. I just enjoy giving her a bottle so much still.
    BFP #2 5/31/12 CP 5w2d 6/4/12 BFP #3 7/9/12 EDD 3/8/13 Another Girl!! Lilypie Pregnancy tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

E is in the process of transitioning to WCM now, and drinks 20oz of formula.  This is (2) 6oz bottles and (1) 8oz bottle.

Once she is on straight milk, our pedi said to keep her around 16oz a day.

• Options
    Our pediatrician said that our daughter should be getting about 18-24 oz of vit d milk.
    Photobucket Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't measure the milk anymore--but definitely between 16-20oz of milk a day. She gets a cup at breakfast (however, she just sips it--barely drinks it); usually a cup during the day (she finishes it) and usually I give her the cup that she refused at breakfast for dinner--and she drinks it all.
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  Lots of great info.  We dropped 2 ounces off every bottle for the last week with no problems, she hasn't even noticed! We've gone from 40 to 30, super easy.  We'll keep transitioning this week as well.   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"