Central Florida Babies

Relocating to Orlando!

Hi Ladies! We JUST found out that my husband's job is relocating us to Orlando and we need to be there by March 1st.  I've never even been to Florida, but it sounds wonderful!!  We are flying out for a visit this weekend and need some help/advice on what areas would be best for us to look at.  I am three months pregnant so finding a new OB who delivers at a great hospital is at the top of my list as well.  My husband's job will be near MCO.  We are an active couple who loves to be outside and stay healthy.  I practice yoga so a studio nearby is important.  We also would like to be near a farmers market or Whole Foods as well as other shopping.  We currently live in a master planned community where we know all of our neighbors and have a real sense of community.  We would love if we could find that type of atmosphere again.  Thank you for any advice you could offer up!

Re: Relocating to Orlando!

• Not sure where you're moving from, but from your write-up, I'm thinking something close to Winter Park would suit your needs, but its not close to the airport, but they do have a local farmer's market on the weekend, yoga studios (I took prenatal and am doing Mommy and Baby at Full Circle Yoga in Winter Park), and there is a whole foods. That area is more 'upscale' for Orlando, but nice. There is also Baldwin Park, which is close to downtown, and not too far from the airport, but I'm not too familiar with the whole community, but from what I've seen, it's nice.

Good luck!

MeandMrsJones Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Waterford Lakes area is also really nice.  I live out there in East Orlando.  It's only 15 minutes from MCO.  Tons of good schools and daycares.  Also I just delivered at Winnie Palmer and had a wonderful experience.  It was a great hospital.  I have also heard good things about the Winter Park Florida Hospital.  Both have a wonderful NICU.  I use Delaney OB/GYN in Downtown Orlando and really liked all their doctors. 

Thanks, Lisa Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with the previous post, I've heard only great things about Winnie Palmer and that's where my OB delivers. She is in Dr. Phillips (upscale area near Windemere), Dr. Lori Lambert. Downtown Orlando, or Winter Park/College Park are nice areas in Orlando. I wouldn't recommend East Orlando unless your in to the college scene. Waterford Lakes is really close to UCF, and it gets pretty crazy over there.
  • I had Dr. Yasmin Kareem as my Dr. and I adored her.  I had a very high risk pregnancy and I also had a very long labor/delivery and she was there every second of it with me. Not to mention the best thing she did for me, I had to have a c-section after 42 hours of labor and she did such an amazing job with it that my scar is as perfect as something like that can be.  I could go on about how great she is and she delivers at Winnie which is unbelievable as well!
    **February 20th, 2010 I Married My Best Friend and June 5th, 2011 My Soulmate Was Born** image Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimageimage
  • Winter park or Windermere are the only two areas near a Whole Foods and neither is close to the airport, but there are farmers markets in different areas on the weekends and there is co-op that delivers!  Lake Nona is a newer nicer area that would be convenient for your husband.  Avalon Park is also a nice master planned community- my sister and her fianc?e live here and love it.  You might find that you would rather live a little farther from the airport just to be near better shopping and schools.  

I have been practicing power yoga for three years at Orlando Power Yoga and LOVE it!  I am 12 weeks and have gone this whole time.  It's not prenatal, but you can modify as you like, and the instructors are awesome if you have any questions! It has great reviews on yelp.com!

Good Luck!!!!! 

• Oh and i go to Loch Haven OBGYN and love them! I will deliver at Florida hospital in winter park.
  • I live in Heathrow, and i absolutely LOVE it here. It is a private community/city. It is right next to Lake mary. Longwood is another very nice area. What ive noticed in Florida though, is there are good parts to a city and bad parts, in pretty much every one ive been in. So be careful. Seminole county has fantastic school districts.

But its about 40 minutes from the airport.  I also agree that Winnie palmer is wonderful. I will be delivering there in May but already took my tour. 

I just moved from chicago, and took 2 trips to look at houses. Florida is not what i expected in comparison to Illinois.  I would suggest renting for a while until you are familiar with the area.

• I would say WinterPark or Baldwin Park. We go to the Whole Foods in WinterPark but like the Dr. Phillips one better since it is bigger and has more items. We also go to the farmers market on Lake Eola every sunday to get our vegetables and fruits. WinterPark/Baldwin Park would be prob the best
  • Tula214Tula214 member
    I live in Winter Garden. There's a Whole Foods in Orlando that isn't too close, but not crazy far away. It's 30-40 minutes from MCO. 20 minutes from Disney World. I'm delivering at Winnie Palmer which is about half an hour from me. Easy access to highways which makes it easy to get around. Good luck with everything!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Have you consider a birthing center? I had my youngest daughter at Heart to Heart birth center in Sanford. https://www.h2hbirthcenter.com

BabyFetus Ticker

Birth is safe as life gets - Harriette Hartigan

• I agree that waterford lakes or winter park are great options to live. I had my children at Winter Park Memorial Hospital and they are awesome. I had my high risk appointment at Winni Palmer and they have great doctors there but I always felt weird because I always had a different doctor and I don't like that. My obgyn was Dr. Narvaez but he moved. Now I see his partner Dr. Lopez and he is great as well.
    Mom of three kids =]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"