Georgia Babies
Options

gallbladder removal recovery?

So it appears I am going to have to have my gallbladder removed.  It totally sucks because now we can't go to the beach like we wanted to. :(

Anyway, How long did it take you to recover?  How long before you were able to pick up say a 15ish lb 4 month old? The nurse I asked all these questions said I'd be up and at it in a few days but I don't I believe her.  Any other advice would be much appreciated.  Now I just hope I can make it to surgery day without another one of those awful attacks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: gallbladder removal recovery?

• Options
    My mom had hers done a few years ago and she really was out shopping at the outlet mall like 2-3 days later.  Of course, we both have a high tolerance for pain so maybe she's not a good example??  But really, I don't remember it being that big of a deal at all- she was a little sore afterwards but nothing major. 

• Options
    I've had a few people I know get the surgery and they were feeling much better within a couple days to a week. I'm not sure about when you would be able to pick up the baby though. Good luck on your surgery. I hope it helps you feel better
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had mine removed 6 months after my c-section. I had just started feeling better from the c section and bam- gallbladder attacks. I was in the hospital for a week- I got a high fever on the 3rd day and had to stay. I was in a lot of pain from it..but I have heard stories of others who are better in a few days. It took about 2-3 weeks to feel completely better- my twins were 6 months old at the time and I was able to hold them and feed/change them. I remember one of the worst parts was the gas pains!!! Good luck. It is MUCH better than those attacks!
    Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had mine removed last year, and the doctor usually tells you not to lift over a certain amount (usually 20lbs) for about 6-8 weeks! I was able to move around just fine after a week or 2 with little pain though, so it's really not too bad.

This is as long as they're doing laparoscopic gallbladder removal. Which is what they normally do now, I believe! So you should be fine :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had my gallbladder removed in February.....easiest surgery ever!  Laproscopic, on my way home within a few hours.  I was back at work two days later....scars looked like scratches within a few weeks.  I wasnt supposed to lift over 20 pounds for about 4 weeks, but I honestly could have after a week or so.  The worst part of the entire process for me was coming out of anesthesia....it makes me nauseous.  Easy easy easy :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersbr> Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"