Pre-School and Daycare

updates on LO from school

DD started at an in-home daycare and we loved them. I would get little updates a few times a week on what they were learning, how she was doing, stuff like that. We moved a few weeks ago and now she's in more of a class room setting. I see the papers/drawings she brings home, but I don't know what they're learning right now and I don't even know if she still naps during the day.

I was just wondering what others have been through. I don't want to seem like the needy mom that needs updates all the time, but I just feel like we pick up & drop off and that's it. No communication and I just don't get the same feeling at this school as I did at the last school.

Thanks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: updates on LO from school

• Have you asked the teacher and/or director for a general idea of the days and weeks? It seems odd that there wouldn't be some sort of touch base, even if only a weekly schedule of learning plans and such.
  • Yeah, I would ask the teacher or director. We get monthly lesson plans on what  they're working on as well as the art projects they will be doing.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • roxy_jjroxy_jj member
    I agree with the others, talk to the teacher or director.  My kids' teachers post lesson plans at the beginning of every week. 
    Ms. A  - 2007, Mr. C - 2009
  • jlw2505jlw2505 member
    At my younger DD's daycare based preschool, we get a daily sheet.  Outside of when/if she napped and for how long - the information on the sheet is pretty basic of what the class theme is and a little tid bit or 2 about what they did that day and what was served for meals.  Really not much info at all.  DD moves to the PreK class next week and the sheets are a little different but I have a feeling I will get the same basic information.  My older DD is ending a PreK program at the elementary school next week (younger DD will be in it next year) - we do not get a daily sheet or anything.  I only know what happened in the day by the things DD tells me or if I ask her teachers at pick up how her day went.  At both schools, they do have a white board outside the classroom and they do a brief write up on the day there - way more detail than I get in the daily sheets. 
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • In home is not school, it is daycare. At my DS preschool we never get anything except their work is sent home on Fridays. 
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • imageLittlejen22:
    In home is not school, it is daycare. At my DS preschool we never get anything except their work is sent home on Fridays. 

Confused She called "daycare" "school" OMG Surprise

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I run an inhome daycare and everyday I send home a 1/2 a piece of paper with the following "

What we had for morning Snack.

Morning play included

Lunch was

Nap/rest time info

Afternoon snack

Afternoon play

Any other notes

Things to bring next time

Payment due

Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!