Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

been a month ... still sad

Hi. ?I am still really sad about a month after my miscarriage was detected. ?I started a new job and am ok when I am at work, but otherwise I am just sad and don't feel like myself, and am still crying a lot. ?Is this normal? ?It seems worse the last couple of days -- could I have PMS?

Re: been a month ... still sad

• It's been nearly four months for me and there are still some really bad moments so yes, it is normal.  You've experienced a loss.  While it's not a loss of the likes of a grandparent or someone, it is still a loss nonetheless and while it will get easier, you will never forget - and that's OK.

::Hugs::

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am sorry sorry that you have went through this. These feelings are pretty normal even after a month. I am still hurting and it has been 3 month since my second MC.

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, I think it is normal.  I don't think I felt happy until about two weeks ago -- more then two months after my m/c.  It will get better, but give yourself time.  There is no right or wrong amount of time you will need to grieve.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't think anything can be classed as "normal". After my 1st loss, it was some time before I felt ok again. I am sorry you are feeling like this. My best advice, would be to let it out, cry when you need to, but above all make sure you are talking and have someone that will just listen to you.

And you are right, it could be PMS. I find there gets to be more good days than bad, but it still can hit you and you never forget.

Plus, around the holidays just only adds to the pain.

:::HUGS:::?

• I'm sorry for your loss.  I think it's "normal".  I think it gets easier in time, but you will never forget, and there are lots of reminders.  I know that I am more emotional than pre m/c. 
  • To be honest Amanda, I'm not sure what normal is for me anymore. I can walk through Target and feel completely "normal" and then pass the baby section and almost lose it.  I'm sorry for what you are going through and it has almost been a month for me too. I think in general there are good moments and then there are bad ones and as time goes on the bad begin to taper off. ((HUG))
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"