Natural Birth
Options

Ina May's guide to childbirth

Im reading it to help prep for labor, its a great book! wonderful stories I highly recommend it
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ina May's guide to childbirth

• Options
    May I ask where you found it?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageWearingRed:
    May I ask where you found it?

I ordered it on amazon, paid about 15 with S&H

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely one of the best natural childbirth books I've read my whole pregnancy, that and hypnobirthing by Marie Mongnan, really opens your eyes to the birthing process and what it has become :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

ooooh, i agree. my fave. my husband is reading it too. if you want more ina may goodness, "spiritual midwifery" is also very good. 

the stories are so empowering!  

• Options
    I love this book!!  I read it when I first found out I was pg and now I am starting to re-read it as I count down to LOs birth!!
  • Options

imageljanette85:
    Im reading it to help prep for labor, its a great book! wonderful stories I highly recommend it

Have you ever read Childbirth Without Fear? It is in sync with all the things that Ina May Gaskin believes/preaches but written by a dude in the '40's! The way this man talks about natural childbirth and womens' capabilities is seriously poetic.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I totally agree! She's such an inspiration! I'm loaning out my copy to a couple of pregnant friends, just bought Birth Matters, and ordered Spiritual Midwifery. Every woman should read her work, whether she plans on having children or not. There's just so much in the way of social issues that people aren't aware of that she touches on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Am reading Childbirth Without Fear now and am also so amazed!  Agree that it is a great supplement to Ina May's book ... sort of philosophical, and very fascinating, especially given it's author (male OB) and time it was written (1940s!).
  • Options
    jroggejrogge member
    Of all the books I've read on pregnancy and child birth, Ina May's was my favorite too!
  • Options

I just got it from my library and started it today. The picture of the bby coming out face first is so cool!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    HallilHallil member
    Yep, my all time fav as well, and the one I most reccomend and lend out to friends. 
  • Options

imageamber323:
    Definitely one of the best natural childbirth books I've read my whole pregnancy, that and hypnobirthing by Marie Mongnan, really opens your eyes to the birthing process and what it has become :)

Yes! This! LOVE the birth stories in Guide to Childbirth...felt so empowered when reading them...and Hypnobirthing plus practicing with my hubby makes me feel kind of excited to get this process started! I'm so ready to meet little man!! :o

• Options

That book was the reason I chose to go natural. Check your library first, I read it for free! :) 

I'm now reading Natural Childbirth, the Bradley Way and although I'm not taking Bradley classes (decided on natural too late!) it's also very helpful as I prepare for this... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"