Austin Babies

Baby Books?

DH and I are reading Your Pregnancy Week by Week, and I read Baby Bargains, but now we want to start reading some books about taking care of the baby after she's born. Any recommendations on books about babies, parenting, breastfeeding, etc.? TIA.
imageLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Baby Books?

• Baby411- love it!  It's a must-have, IMO.

I aslo read some of Baby's First Year Week by Week.  It was ok, but not nearly as helpful as Baby411.

• I think I have an extra copy of The Mayo Clinic Pregnancy and the First Year (I had two copies).  If you are interested let me know and I can check to see if I still have it.  I could always bring it to a book club meeting if you want it.

Other then that, I mostly got my info online, BabyCenter, etc, and calling FIL who is a PED.   So I am no help sorry!  

• Loading the player...
  • I highly recommend Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Dr. Weissbluth, that book was a life saver for us. 
  • I loved "I'm a Mom so now what" We still pick it up and re read chapters as we reach them. We also got baby411 but feel that's more of a reference book than something you can read.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Baby 411 stays on our coffee table and is used as a reference book now but I did read huge chunks of it at a time early on.  I highly recommend it. 

Babywise is also a must-have in my opinion!!!  Couldn't have survived without it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I have no kids yet, but The Baby Book by Dr. Sears was recommended to me and I have enjoyed reading it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"