Special Needs

Product rave--not necessarily special needs though / food related

So DS1 who is special needs LOVES icees and pretty much anything he can suck through a straw.  BUT he's also dairy allergic so we can't do milkshakes.  We've done smoothies in the past but he really wants ice cream.  Well, I saw that YONANAS machine on the Today show last year and was very intrigued.  I finally just took the plunge and bought it a couple weeks ago and we tried it this past week and BOTH kids (I have a one year old as well) LOOOOOVVVVE it.  I mean go insanely nuts when I even say "ok guys...do you want to use the yonanas machine and make ice cream??"  LOL

So the bonus here is that ALL you add is literally fruit.  You can add other stuff that they have ideas for in the recipe book (like chocolate my dear friends--and yes, I do plan on trying that but not with the LOs yet).  But you use frozen overripe bananas (or you can even NOT use them if you would prefer) and then other fruits.  I've actually used ONLY frozen watermelon and frozen blueberries as well. 

When you do use frozen bananas you get an ice cream like texture.  It's pretty awesome.  I have to say. And cleaning the machine is super simple---way more than I thought it would be.  So that was a bonus too. 

Anyways---I know we're always looking for little treats for the kids and us--so wanted to share.  For DS2 it's come in handy because he's teething like crazy and it's actually helped "freeze" his mouth a bit plus it's helping him learn to eat from a spoon since it's so thick.  So a couple of thoughts too if those are issues in your household. 

You can get this item in a ton of places right now.  I'm on zulily.com a lot and actually saw it on there.  If you do a "search" on their site you can actually buy it right now. https://www.zulily.com/invite/acern435.  If you have credit on their site or anything like that it might be awesome.  

Anyways---just wanted to share my two cents.  Really neat product.   

Re: Product rave--not necessarily special needs though / food related

• That looks awesome!!!!!  Thanks for posting!  I am dairy free myself (breastfeeding) and my DD is teething- so I am running out to get one of these!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mmmm I make banana whip in my food processor- I'm pretty sure it is the same thing and it is delicious!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"