Natural Birth
Options

Home Birth Help!

Hey Ladies!

My husband and I are currently considering Home Birth. I was wondering if anyone would like to share their experiences and/or point me in the right direction of a great website or book to help me research it. Thank you!!! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Home Birth Help!

• Options

www.midwiferytoday.com/articles/homebirthchoice.asp

Sorry it's not clicky! I'm on my phone. This is a good article about what a HB entails and questions to ask yourself to determine if it's right for you. Plus Q's for your potential MW.

Here is my HB midwife's home page, there are some interesting things on here and some HB stories :)

Gentlebirthcare.com 

Hope that helps! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options

Watch the Business of Being Born, it can give you a lot of confidence in to your decision, as well as Pregnant in America (but on the reverse side it can also make you very scared of hospitals). The book Ina May's Guide to Childbirth has so many amazing stories of babies born naturally out of hospital.

Home birth is such a natural and excellent choice, you'll probably find a lot of people looking at you like you're a crazy hippie when you tell them your plans to home birth but just trust your body and mind, they know what's best.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options

https://cfmidwifery.org/states/

This website will tell you about what is available in yoru state and has contact info for groups that may be in your area. There are also a lot of good facts and things.

Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    "Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options

Thank you so much!

I will check out those websites for sure! I have actually seen the business of being born and Pregnant in America and found them both good watches! I have Ina May's guide to childbirth, just haven't started it yet...it is my next book in the pile so thank you so much for suggesting it, it is reconfirming my intent to read it! Thank you, also, for the words of encouragement. I have started discussing this possible (probable) decision with a few people I am close with and have gotten mixed reviews, as I expected. I am actually a Labor and Delivery nurse at my local hospital and I had one co-worker tell me my choice would be a slap in the face to all the other ladies at work and had another fully support the choice (i.e. any choice I make). So thank you very much for guiding me to some place that will help me and my husband make the best choice for me and our family.

• Options

I loved my home birth and wouldn't have chosen any other way to deliver. I couldn't figure out how to make it clicky but this was my home birth story...

https://whirlwindlifetogether.blogspot.com/2012/05/weeks-38-39-40-41.html 

Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • Options

I had a homebirth with #3.  I found a lot of Ina May Gaskin's work helpful.  I liked reading the birth stories.

My experience was wonderful.  So great, in fact, that I'm planning another one.   My advice if you're doing it at home is to have a waterbirth.  It was almost better than an epidural!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"