Special Needs

Would you mind if I hung around?

I am curious if you ladies/gentlemen mind if I hung around these parts.  I do not have a kiddo with special needs but when reading your posts I find that I want to answer. I am not sure if posts from others are welcome here or if it truly is a forum of just SN's parents.  I will not push my professional services in anyway just experience that I can bring to the table.  I love to work with kids and help parent along the way.  Let me know if I can stay or (please be honest) if it is not welcome here either. I respect you all either way!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Would you mind if I hung around?

• I love any opinions, personally.  And any new and fresh ideas.  May I ask, what is your background? 
  • I also wanted to say, I am incredibly sorry for your very recent loss.  I lurk on the loss board and saw your story.  One of my very best friends lost a child at 20 wks and I know what she went through.  Big ((Hugs)) to you. 
  • Loading the player...
  • What is your background/experience?
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I welcome any opinions and although I don't post much, I learn a lot from others posting questions.
  • I'm due in October and also wanted to say I'm very sorry for your recent loss. 
  • I would love for you to join us!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Please, feel welcome to post!

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • image-auntie-:
    I'd love to have you stick around. The perspective of a professional is always welcome, IMHO.

This. Welcome!

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• imagest.augbride:
    What is your background/experience?

I am a social worker who works with individuals (age 5-21) with an autism Dx.  I have completed all my course work, clinical hours, and supervision to sit for my BCBA. I currently case manage in a high school over seeing classrooms with 13-21 year olds on the spectrum and a CI class.  After work hours, I see kids on the spectrum privately in their homes (and going out into the local community) working 1:1 with them, their siblings and parents.  The children/teens/young adults I work with tend to be non-verbal learners (using sign, picture exchange or augmentative), engage in maladaptive behaviors, and are SO adorable and perfect in their own way.

• imagecarlinlp:
    I'm due in October and also wanted to say I'm very sorry for your recent loss. 

Thank you </3 I am so very sad but trying to stay distracted. 

• imageCEOwife:

imagest.augbride:
    What is your background/experience?

I am a social worker who works with individuals (age 5-21) with an autism Dx.  I have completed all my course work, clinical hours, and supervision to sit for my BCBA. I currently case manage in a high school over seeing classrooms with 13-21 year olds on the spectrum and a CI class.  After work hours, I see kids on the spectrum privately in their homes (and going out into the local community) working 1:1 with them, their siblings and parents.  The children/teens/young adults I work with tend to be non-verbal learners (using sign, picture exchange or augmentative), engage in maladaptive behaviors, and are SO adorable and perfect in their own way.

I think you'd be an incredible asset to our online family!  Welcome. 

• I personally love to hear from service providers.  Many of us encounter a limited number of "experts" so it's wonderful to have a second opinion.  Thank you.

Hang in there.  We are a nurturing environment Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"