Two Under 2
Options

3rd baby on way, c-sections mamas come in!

My doc told me to wait at least 18months after DS#2 for trying for another baby....well I'm pregnant again only 12 months after....I'm not sure how serious my pregancy will be or another c-section...I'm too scared to even attempt to google what happens to close c-section pregnancies...and I'm waiting for monday to schedule a OBGYN appt....so if anybody out there was told to wait a certain amount of time between pregnancies, and didn't please tell how it went and if you felt like it was all going to end well.

Thanks!

Re: 3rd baby on way, c-sections mamas come in!

• Options

I had fertility issues and needed Clomid to conceive DD...who ended up a c/section. At my 6 month PP check-up, I asked my OB if I would have troulb e again. She said given that I was over 30 yrs, it may be hard again. I asked the soonest I should get off BCP to see if my cycles were regular, and she said 9 months. I went off BCP at 9 months and was pregnant a few weeks later! I had NO problems at all. I think that pregnancy was easier with #1 (no pre-eclampsia, no m/s). I had a 2nd c/s 17 months later and no problems. My OB said my uterus looks great and I can go for #3 whenever I'd like...not that we're going to any time soon! Good luck and congrats!

Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I should add that recovery was a million times easier too. My first c/s was a very easy recovery, but with #2, I was driving within 5 days (ok'd by OB), never had to take anything stronger than OTC Alleve for pain, super super easy! My OB said that was normal because a lot of your nerves were cut with the first c/s

Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was never told to wait a specific amount of time, but I got pregnant with DS1 when DD was 11 months old and was pregnant again with DS2 when DS1 was 9-1/2 months old. All 3 were born via c-section. I had no complications.

I will say that my recoveries from my 2nd and 3rd c-sections were slightly harder, but that was more my own fault for pretty much getting right back into my normal routine and not allowing myself to heal.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The closest my deliveries were were Duncan (VBAC on 5/19/09) and then Erin (csec) on 5/3/10.  And even Duncan's delivery was only 16 months after my first c/s.  While none of the recoveries were a cake walk, they were okay.  Honestly, the longest I've gone between deliveries will be this upcoming one (just shy of 2 years) and I'm most nervous about it, just because my body is not handling this pregnancy nearly as easily.  I'm kind of expecting recovery from my c/s to kick my butt.
    m/c feb 07 ~ m/c twins oct 08 ~ Duncan Thomas: born to heaven 5/19/09 - m/c jan 11

My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I only had 6 months between my first pg and getting pg with my 2nd. My OB wasn't worried at all and said there really is no higher risks unless I wanted a vbac. They recommend at least 12 months between pgs for a vbac and like there to be 18 months between. That didn't worry me b/c I had no desire for a vbac. I got pg this time when DS1 was 11 1/2 months old and my OB again isn't worried about a 3rd c/s.

My recoveries with both my c/s were very easy. I was taking care of both boys in week 2 after DS2 came with no problems.

Don't google! I know quite a few women that had 3 c/s and all pretty close together. Good luck!

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

DS1 was an unplanned C-section. My OB didn't give us a time frame to wait for another baby.  We were pregnant with DS2 within 6 months and that was another (planned) C-section.  My OB then recommended that we wait at least 6 months before trying again.  We were pregnant with DS3 about 5 months later, and he will be another planned C-section.

All of my pregnancies have been relatively uneventful and I have healed very well and quickly after my deliveries so far.  My OB said this third one might be more complex due to scar tissue.  She doesn't seem that concerned, but she is planning to have one of her partners at the hospital with her when I deliver so that she is not relying on hospital staff (i.e., interns or OBs with minimal experience) in case there are any complications.

I am not concerned at all about it.  Recovering from my second C-section was much better than the first, probably largely due to the fact that I wasn't up for 32 hours prior and laboring (if you've got to have one, planned C-sections are so much nicer!!).  After baby comes, try not to jump right back into life as usual right away and you'll probably be fine.  I knew when I had done too much lifting of DS1 or been on my feet too long, because the bleeding would return and/or increase.  Just try to take it easy.  I'm sure you'll be fine!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    ...not a true newbie...been a Nestie since '05, but had to change my SN to change my sig...
  • Options
    I'll be having my third c/s in May, not quite 18 months after my second c/s. My first two c/s were 14 months apart. Things went fine the first two times, and my OB has concerns about the third c/s. I wasn't told to wait any amount of time. Unless there is a real medical reason, a third c/s is usually NBD. Maybe harder to recover from since you're taking care of three kids, but if everything is normal the c/s itself isn't anything to worry about.

• Options
    My first doc told me not to get pregnant for 12 months after 1st C/S.  I got pregnant 10 months after  and had a repeat C/S.  DS's are 19.5 months apart.  I had zero issues. 
  • Options

Hi :)

It will be alright I promise :) They recommend 18 months, however, you will be at least that far apart when you have the third so no worries. There are risks either way. I am in a similar situation and have chosen not to c-section and try for a VBA2C.

Fear is the worst thing you can have. Definitely research, research, research. The more you know before you go to your appt. Once you start research and being informed of the options the risks and the rewards you will feel a ton better. I got the same advice and got pregnant at early too. LO #1 was only 5 months when I got preggers with #2, and #2 was 9 months when I got preggers with this one. :) 

I wish you all the best and urge you to research and reach out :) 

Good luck mama!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    well theres no need to tell u that all of our bodies are different.. but i am expecting my 5th child, my last one was an emg. c-section, and i got pregnant just 9 months later.. so now Iam scheduled for a c-section againit will be my 3rd. Recovery is not that bad from the second one but this 3rd one has me a lil on edge now.. My doc says to have some one @hand to help out cuz with so many kids recovery can be difficult..JUst trust that u will be fine.Especially since u dont have so many kids, but take care of yourself none the less. & Good Luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"