June 2011 Moms
Options

Need a rec for cheaper convertible carseat

We finally moved DS to his Britax Marathon last week. My mom still has the infant carrier in her car. She watches him at least twice a week in our home. She has only taken him out once on her own, but we like her to have the carseat available just in case. I'm not really thrilled with the idea of spending $200 plus on another Britax. We're hoping to spend $100 or less for a convertible for her car. Any suggestions? TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need a rec for cheaper convertible carseat

• Options
    I like the costco scenara but I find it a PITA to install RF'ing. We use it for DS who's FF so it isn't an issue. I just always felt it was too floppy RF'ing even when using a rolled up towel to try to tighten things. You may have better luck. 
    This is my AE.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The combi coccoro is usually $150 but you can get it on sale for $125 if you keep and eye out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So far I've been happy w/my safety 1st on-side air.  It's about $80.
  • Options

imageNige!!a:
    I like the costco scenara but I find it a PITA to install RF'ing. We use it for DS who's FF so it isn't an issue. I just always felt it was too floppy RF'ing even when using a rolled up towel to try to tighten things. You may have better luck. 

I also like this seat. It is only $39 if you buy it at Walmart. I'm able to get a tight install with a lap belt, but it takes two towels to get the incline right for RFing. 

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    nfrtnynfrtny member

imagejcsumm0:
    So far I've been happy w/my safety 1st on-side air.  It's about $80.

We have this one in my moms car. It's good for the short amount of time he's in her car once or twice a week 

• Options
    MrsIMrsI member
    imagejust kita:

imageNige!!a:

I also like this seat. It is only $39 if you buy it at Walmart. I'm able to get a tight install with a lap belt, but it takes two towels to get the incline right for RFing. 

We have this one also.  For DH's car that she is in less than once a month.  We had no problems installing it with one rolled towel, I'm sure each car is different.  She seems more "chill" and relaxed in this one than the one in my car actually.  I also liked that is came in a clear plastic bag thing which will be nice if/when we travel.

• Options
    imagejust kita:

imageNige!!a:

Could you post a picture of your install? Would love to be able to figure out how to RF one for DD. :)

This is my AE.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"