C-sections

How far in advance is a C-section scheduled?

I know I've seen this question on here before but I cannot for the life of me find it.  How far along were you when you scheduled your cs?  I will be 28 weeks on Friday and am meeting with a physician for the first time (only midwives and nurse practitioners till now).  The last nurse I saw made sure that I scheduled this appointment with a Dr. because she was pretty sure that they are starting the schedules for August now and I may be able to get a date.  Am I too early thinking I could get a date for it?  I'm so anxious!!!  39 weeks for me is just a big mess with DS starting kindergarten, SS's birthday is that week...we just have a lot of figuring out to do and I'm impatient.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: How far in advance is a C-section scheduled?

• I was able to schedule my c/s at my 24 week appointment. I think it's because I had reached viability at that point.

ETA: I knew I would have a c/s since before I got pregnant, since it'll be my 3rd c/s. It was booked at 24weeks for 37w1d.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Mine was scheduled around 30 or 31 weeks I think.  I would think you can schedule it pretty soon.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Unless there is a medical emergency, my doctor doesn't schedule them until the 39 week.  That being said, I'm 36 weeks and she's still breech.  I'm scheduled for 39 weeks, 3 days.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I knew at 7 wks that I would be having a C-section.  I had been in an accident in just a little over a year before I got pregnant in which I fractured my pelvis in 3 places and my lower spine in one.  I trusted my OB's decision and it all went well.
    Mayfaerie Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • We scheduled ours at our big u/s at 20 weeks.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My hospital won't schedule a repeat (or elective) c-section before you are 32 weeks.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Just ask you doctor to schedule it because you need to know.  Mine did when I asked so that my husband needed to know for work. 
  • Ritzy19Ritzy19 member
    If I recall correctly, they scheduled it at my 24 week appt.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

• My OB schedules them at 32 weeks.
  • Mine was just scheduled yesterday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With my first, we were talking induction up until the very last minute, so the c/s was only scheduled about a week in advance.  My OB told me at my 16w appt that we'll officially schedule the c/s at my 28w appt, but it'll be when I'm 39w, and the office only has 2 surgery dates, so I know it'll be scheduled for either 10/2 or 10/4.  I'm requesting 10/2 if I get a choice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • With my 2nd pregnancy, my OB scheduled my repeat c/s around 30-32 weeks I think.  This time around, she scheduled it at my 20 week appt.  I still haven't heard from the hospital if the date got approved yet. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Wow, thats crazy that most drs make you wait until you are past 30 weeks! I had mine scheduled at 10 weeks and have known for a while that November 26th will be the day that I see my little one :D
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"