July 2012 Moms

Baby's confusing positioning

I see a team of 6 midwives, and I've seen 3 different midwives for my past 3 appointments.

4 weeks ago: Midwife #1 had trouble feeling the baby's position and suspected excess amniotic fluid. I measured 31 weeks at 30 weeks.

2 weeks ago: Midwife #2 (my favorite) found the baby's position quickly. She was head down. I measured 31 weeks at 32 weeks.

Over the past week my belly has taken a funny, low and wide shape. I can press my abdomen, almost to the bottom of my ribs, down to its pre-pregnancy size. I assumed my little one had dropped even though I'm not experiencing any waddling like many women mention when their little ones drop. I also started to feel punches and kicks on my side, almost to my back.

Today's appointment: Midwife #3 could not determine the baby's position, but she is definitely not head down anymore. We found the heartbeat up near my left rib...not a good sign. She suspects lo is transverse. I measured 35 weeks at 34 weeks. At the end of the appointment she mentioned having lots of amniotic fluid.

I have exercises to do for the next two weeks to convince my little one to turn. We'll have a cervical check next time (not standard procedure this early) to see if she's head down. If not we'll go from there. Thankfully we'll be seeing midwife #2, my favorite, that day.

I'd love to know what my daughter is up to in there. Does anyone else have a baby this ornery about positioning?

Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.

Re: Baby's confusing positioning

• My girl goes from head up to transverse...not head down yet...I think she is twirling around like a ballerina!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have been told that my baby is Frank Breech.  Then one day I will feel kicks in my groin area then the next day I will feel kicks in my ribs.  I think this baby is all over the place.  My doctor said it is good that I have a lot of fluid it will help him turn!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Look into Webster Technique with a chiropractor and check out turningbabies.com

I managed to turn baby at 30 weeks from transverse following these exercises and visiting with my chiropractor.  I literally felt the "woosh" when it happened.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"