2nd Trimester

excruciating gas pains

i had the most excruciating gas pain just now, it was so painful I felt like it was labor! it was so crippling I couldn't even move. anyone else been getting horrible gas pains as well? also I noticed that I get them usually when I eat dairy? Today it happened almost immediately after eating a grilled cheese, the last time was from a glass of milk. I'm not lactose intolerant but maybe I am now that I'm pregnant ?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: excruciating gas pains

• I'm not sure about the connection to lactose and your gas pains. But, when I've been in severe pain with it I've taken Gas-X and Lay down for a while, it works quickly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes!! I get the same unbearable gas pains! I told my husband if I were in my third trimester I'd think they wer contractions! Awful... My Dr did say i need to watch my diet that can very well cause the pains. However I don't notice it after dairy like yourself... My Dr gave me a list of things that are safe to take, of course I've since lost the list...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • OH yes. Gas pains think they're my bff. 

Try laying flat on your back, and then after a few minutes roll over to your left side. Usually helps me out!!  

EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • Sami91Sami91 member
    I've been "blessed" with crimpling gas pains twice now. I still don't know what causes them because I eat a lot of dairy on a daily basis. Mine have gotten so bad I end up in a ball on the floor bawling and clutching my gut. I've tried just about everything I can take while pg to get rid of them and nothing works. I've just got to let it run it's course =/ I hope yours get better!!!
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I was mildly lactose intolerant prepregnancy but now I can't even drink half a glass of milk without getting excruciating gas.  I can however stomach cheese just fine, but yogurt, milk, and ice cream are a huge no no for me unless I want to be down and out for the day. 

Hope you find some relief soon!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • I get horrible gas pains due to flare ups caused by my IBS. For some reason, my IBS has flared up worse than ever before. The only thing that works for me is gas-x, a tylenol PM and a nap. But definitely talk to your dr before taking any kind of medication. Every dr is different and will have more advice on what you can do to make yourself more comfortable. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Yes, every evening pretty much :/
    SS10 - SD9 - DD7 - DS5 - DS born 10/3/12
  • imageGomezmom530:
    I get horrible gas pains due to flare ups caused by my IBS. For some reason, my IBS has flared up worse than ever before. The only thing that works for me is gas-x, a tylenol PM and a nap. But definitely talk to your dr before taking any kind of medication. Every dr is different and will have more advice on what you can do to make yourself more comfortable. 

This is totally me!! Gas-X is my best friend some days. I've actually done pretty well during pregnancy..only a couple flare ups...mostly because everything I'm craving are trigger foods for me...talk about irony!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecamillicat:

imageGomezmom530:
    I get horrible gas pains due to flare ups caused by my IBS. For some reason, my IBS has flared up worse than ever before. The only thing that works for me is gas-x, a tylenol PM and a nap. But definitely talk to your dr before taking any kind of medication. Every dr is different and will have more advice on what you can do to make yourself more comfortable. 

This is totally me!! Gas-X is my best friend some days. I've actually done pretty well during pregnancy..only a couple flare ups...mostly because everything I'm craving are trigger foods for me...talk about irony!

I wish I could be as lucky :) Its out of control now that I havent been taking my medication. Im hoping it gets easier day by day. So far its just watching my diet and monitoring everything .

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Oh my gosh, i think the same thing happened to me one night this week. terribly painful and scary, wasn't sure what was going on - thought i was going into labor. Luckily, hasn't happened again since then but i feel your pain...
    image imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"