Two Under 2
Options

Who wants 4 or more?

Anyone else? I am still pregnant with #3 but the further along I get, the more I think about having a 4th. Earlier in my pregnancy I thought "no way, this is it!" but now I can't imagine not having one more. Who thinks they might join in the crazy with me? =P
DD1 October 2008
DD2 October 2010
DS September 2012
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Halloween tickers

Re: Who wants 4 or more?

• Options
    I am also still pregnant with number 3 I am on the fence. Some days I wouldn't mind another after this one other days I think no way.  I think we are prob going to be done after this one because I will be 34 shortly after LO number 3 arrives but if I was younger for sure I would want more than 3.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ME!  We have 5 right now, and if our finances were a little better we'd be having #6, but DH was unemployed 9 months out of last year, and we are barely getting back on our feet right now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    THinking about it. I was the same as you, in the beginning of this pregnancy i was like...yeah right! now I think maybe. If we do it'll probably be a little larger gap as we have a huge family reunion in the british VI March 2014...I dont want to be pregnant then or sick, and I dont want to have a newborn. SO I think I would try when baby is about 21 months...so more like a 2.5 yr age gap. I really want to tighten my core muscles either way, and if we have #4 I will need it....this pregnancy has killed my back. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DH and I have always planned for 4 and talked of the 4th one being adopted. I kind of like being pregnant so far so it wouldn't surprise me if I wanted to be pregnant more than 3 times. But who knows how the rest of this pregnancy or the next might change my mind! We're pretty certain we'll adopt though someday so maybe we'll end up with more than 4? I do think I'll wait to see how 2u2 goes before deciding how long we'll wait (or try to wait) for 3 and then 4. Right now I'm thinking I'll want at least a couple years btw 2 and 3.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • Options
    I think I still want 4. I was planning to have 2u2 with all my kids, but my recent miscarriage means that #3 will be over 2 years younger than DD2. I'm trying to decide now whether to try again right away, wait a year or two for #3 and #4, or just be content with the two I have.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Options

We've always planned on 4. Originally we were going to space them evenly. However, my toddler is a terrible sleeper and the little one is a great sleeper, so I'm thinking that in the next year or so we might have an entire family that is sleeping through the night. We also have financial issues right now. 

We will either adjust everything so I can stay home indefinitely and have #3 and 4 right away OR I will go back to work "soon" and we will wait and have #3 and 4 (2u2 again) when the older two are in school or at least pre-school. I would be totally happy either way. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageBrittKav:
    I think I still want 4. I was planning to have 2u2 with all my kids, but my recent miscarriage means that #3 will be over 2 years younger than DD2. I'm trying to decide now whether to try again right away, wait a year or two for #3 and #4, or just be content with the two I have.

so sorry for your loss :( 

• Options

#4 is 11 weeks old and everyone we know thinks we are crazy! :-)

I just had a tubal ligation, so this is it for us.  If we had a better history with pregnancies, we may have had more (we always wanted 5-6) but emotionally, I am done.

DD#1 11/7/04 DS#1 6/24/06 Chemical Pregnancy 6/08 DD#2 1/28/10 after secondary infertility, Clomid, & acupuncture missed m/c 6/2010 at 8 weeks (baby stopped growing @ 5.5) DS born sleeping 1/13/2011 due to cord accident at 22 weeks. DD#3 3/10/2012
  • Options

Heck no! I would end up in the nut house lol.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We just had #2 but we have always planned on 4.  We'll see what life brings.  We won't be TTC for another 2 years but will then try to have #3 and #4 as another 2u2 set.  

I feel like the crazy when they are younger is far outweighed by the later years and a lifetime with a big family.  I think it is a good kind of crazy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageTheMutleys:
    We just had #2 but we have always planned on 4.  We'll see what life brings.  We won't be TTC for another 2 years but will then try to have #3 and #4 as another 2u2 set.  

I feel like the crazy when they are younger is far outweighed by the later years and a lifetime with a big family.  I think it is a good kind of crazy.

This is us exactly. We'd like to have another 2U2 set, but not for a couple years. And I like your rationale and agree with it completely. :) 

(Although, I will say, DS has been a very easy baby. If this next baby was colicky or very high needs, I can't guarantee I wouldn't reconsider) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    For the longest time during my last pregnancy (wow that is weird to say that) I though for sure this one would be the last even though we have always wanted 4. Now that it is over with I find myself thinking I cannot wait to get pregnant again, and my son is only 4 days old. I am so in love with this little guy it is crazy. I told my DH today that if the end of every pregnancy was this perfect I would have as many children as I could....however I am a c-section mama so chances are 4 will be my limit.
  • Options
    imagelindsay.lou:

imageTheMutleys:

This is us exactly. We'd like to have another 2U2 set, but not for a couple years. And I like your rationale and agree with it completely. :) 

(Although, I will say, DS has been a very easy baby. If this next baby was colicky or very high needs, I can't guarantee I wouldn't reconsider) 

Yea, but they also say small kids small problems. Big kids big problems!

• Options
    imagelindsay.lou:

imageTheMutleys:

• Options
    MAMAxBMAMAxB member
    Us :)

Our dream is to have five kids. That's just the number we picture for our family.

However, we believe that whatever God blesses us with, is what we are meant to have. If that be only 3, then we will have 3. If we have 5 and feel compelled to have more (and are financial able to provide for OURSELVES) then we'll have more!

Financially, mentally, emotionally, I am ready for #3 :) however, I need to lose about 35lbs first...

ETA: We are very young (22 and 25) and could easily (age wise) crank out another 5-10 kids, haha. My plan was though to be done by the time I am 30 :)
    evelyn 4.2010 | will 1.2012 | baby BOY due 12.2014
    pregnant and/or breastfeeding since 2009.

• Options

I'm expecting #4 to arrive in 2 months.  We've even talked about the possibilty of a #5, but that will probably be a few years down the road. :)

Natalie 7.27.07/Lukas 5.29.09/Noah 3.4.11/Brooke 7.31.12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lkf041lkf041 member
    We've always wanted 4 and still do but we've had some unexpected things pop up with our 2nd child so things have been rough.  We are on the fence if it's in the cards for us but if (when) our daughter goes into remission we will revisit the idea.
    DS- 11/08,  DD1 - 05/10,  DD2 - 11/11

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We would like to try for a boy. Maybe in a a year or so. We did agree that 4 is our limit, even if we don't get a boy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imagebacala1:
    imagelindsay.lou:

imageTheMutleys:

I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean in this context.  

Small, medium, big, whatever.  Life has all sorts of problems.  For me, family size or kids are not a 'problem.'  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am pregnant with my fourth.  Right after I had my third I was adamant about wanting another.  Eight months later I was more on the fence.  We have a frozen embryo so there was never any question that we would use that and hope for a fourth but the odds of the transfer working aren't the best so I began to feel at peace with having three.  Then, what do you know, I got pregnant and here we are with our fourth on the way and our little frozen embryo being our possible fifth.

So yea, I'm definitely all in the crazy with you.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    Us! We always talked about 3-5.But we decided a few years ago that we liked an even 4.Im currently pregnant with number 3,  We plan to have the next close together as well.

• Options
    GHBEAGHBEA member
    I am on number 4 now.  I am done after this most of it has to do with my age (42)  and being high risk on medications.  4 is perfect for me.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Number 3 has a lot of dr. visits, but I still long for a # 4. It took a long time after DS to be ready for # 2, but DD (# 2) and DS (# 3) are 18 months 5 days apart and I prefer it that way. I wish we were better financially, so we will have to wait, but I definitely want a fourth. I mean we don't live on the street, but we have bills that need to get in line first. Also that means we'd need a bigger vehicle.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    delg23delg23 member
    wow you guys are brave!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would love to have 4 or 5 :) I just have one boy right now. He is almost 11 months old. We are planning on TTC #2 this next month! I would like to TTC around each baby's 1st birthday. I am still breastfeeding him, but my cycle returned when he was about 3 months old. I am hoping it will be as easy to conceive as it was with him!! I am also kind of excited about the idea of tandum nursing them... has anyone with 2 under 2 done this?
  • Options
    We're expecting our 10th in December '12, hoping we are blessed with even more!
  • Options
    DH and I both want a big family.  We hope to have several more and foster/adopt.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options
    when I was pregnant with #3 I said no way, no more but when our third little girl was born I said right away I want another. I think its part because I want to make it an even number for our family and also because I want to try for a boy for DH .
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"